Fender fans? Thought you might enjoy this!

I couldn't help wondering when watching this if we might have seen a younger Abby Ybarra, who still works in the custom shop. She has worked at Fender since 56.

Enjoyable video to watch, thanks for posting.

This video pops up on various guitar/music forums from time to time, and I always enjoy watching it again... Thanks for posting!

awesome.....

just think though....
all those guitars you saw being made there now have owners
and...
the survivors will be rare 50+ year old vintages and worth a pile of cash

You have to wonder how many or if any of those people are still alive. The way they used to work was comical, it looked like a sweat shop and safety obviously was not a concern.

it's not rare for machinists etc from the early 70's and earlier to be missing fingers

I don't know about everywhere else...
but it wasn't until the early 70's in the UK that health and safety in the work place became a big deal by law..

it's not rare for machinists etc from the early 70's and earlier to be missing fingers

I don't know about everywhere else...
but it wasn't until the early 70's in the UK that health and safety in the work place became a big deal by law..

Tony Iommi, guitarist of Black Sabbath, being a famous example of losing part of his fingers in a machine.

I couldn't help wondering when watching this if we might have seen a younger Abby Ybarra, who still works in the custom shop. She has worked at Fender since 56.

Enjoyable video to watch, thanks for posting.

05:56 even with her name :)

Back
Top Bottom