Fender Factory, 1959

LAYGO

Experienced

1959 8mm Film by Forrest White. Digital Film Restoration by CinePost CinePost Film and Video Transfer Service | 8mm, 16mm, and Videotape conversion and editing in the Marietta Atlanta area Edited by Ross Lenenski. Read the story behind this film in "Fender: The Inside Story," by Forrest White available at Amazon: Amazon.com: Fender: The Inside Story (0073999135329): Forrest White: Books Music by Russell Eldridge at TheRussellEldridge - YouTube . Russell's Stratocaster guitar is from the American Deluxe Series made at the Corona Plant (Fender), USA in the Year 2000.
Leo Fender is in the second shot. No CNC machines back then, everything was done by hand. It is amazing to realize that every guitar made that year is now worth a small fortune.

Very cool. Though admittedly, as a Les Paul devotee, I would most assuredly burst into flames if I took one step inside of Fender's door. :lol

Very cool. Though admittedly, as a Les Paul devotee, I would most assuredly burst into flames if I took one step inside of Fender's door. :lol

Not if those Fender whores buy Gibson like they do with every other guitar company worth any salt. :eek: ... :D ... things have certainly changed with Fender over the years.

Not if those Fender whores buy Gibson like they do with every other guitar company worth any salt. :eek: ... :D ... things have certainly changed with Fender over the years.

Are they looking to acquire them a midst Gibson's whole federal wood debacle?

No CNC machines back then, everything was done by hand. It is amazing to realize that every guitar made that year is now worth a small fortune.

Which is ironic, since hand made means far more variance from spec. The parts were all +/- 10% at minimum, and yet, as you said EVERY ONE of them is worth a small fortune, even the dogs no where near their intended specifications.

Imagine if your Axe Fx parts were +/- 10% of spec and you have a couple hundred parts, how similar would one be to the next tonally?

What an unbelievably cool video!! Its amazing to watch those people slogging away just like most of us all the while not knowing the history they were creating. Do you think any of those people could envision a bunch of digital modellers watching this video in the year 2012? LOL I'll bet even Leo didn't realize the juggernaut he was creating back in '59.

Just imagine how much money all of those 1959 guitars would be worth today!

but Les worked in that very shop before going to Epiphone and then Gibson.what prototypes did he see?;)

Back
Top Bottom