AFIII Fender Deluxe Reverb = killer

That sounds like a Plexi!
Yes, kind of. It not as bright and a little less high mid.
I actually put in that amp In my modified Plexi 50 preset, so it gets that vibe.

I never liked Fender amps that much. Not enough mids.
But then i heard that Lukather used a Deluxe Reverb on »Hold the line»,
and also watched the episode of That Pedal Show where they maxed one out.
That sounded great, so i thought i’d try it. Worked great with one of the Xotic pedals as boost.

Thank you. I will check. Probably greenback 4x12 and some fullres involved.
The DLR I used to have until 2012 could only host one 12" speaker but I confirm it sounded killer with a G12H30 75Hz greenback speaker.

If it's a factory cab you use I'd be interested for knowing the Cab block parameters and amp channel you used. Ciao

Did not expect the Deluxe to sound that good, nicely done! What kind of guitar were you using in the video?
Thank you.

I'm using a Yamaha Pacifica 604 (from 1994) with DiMarzio AT-1 and 2 Cruisers (both are bridge)
A standard alder/maple/rosewood strat-ish guitar.

The DLR I used to have until 2012 could only host one 12" speaker but I confirm it sounded killer with a G12H30 75Hz greenback speaker.

If it's a factory cab you use I'd be interested for knowing the Cab block parameters and amp channel you used. Ciao
I'll upload the preset as soon as i have time. I will put a notification in this thread.
The irs are either factory or free, but i think i only use factory irs now.

Hi

If the interest is still there, you will find it attached here, and also Preset ID 9486 - "Growling Fenders" on Axe-Change.

It says for FW17, but there was no option for FW 18 or 19.

Edit: MADE FOR THE TURBO!! (CPU hungry)

Attachments

• Growling Fenders.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi Kriig thanks for the preset. I just reported a possible 19.02 bug I encountered when I imported this from axeChange.
Basically Scene 6 would lock up AxeEdit, AxeIII, and FC12. AxeEdit showed this scene hit 92% CPU usage before comms were lost.
Fractal suspects you may have used a Turbo AxeIII when you created the patch. Just want to confirm? Mine is not a turbo
Thanks!!!

Thank you for uploading, I love that Deluxe Reverb lead tone! Would never have thought to try that model for full on gain.

I just stripped out some of the CPU hungrier effects that weren't being used and it works great, but thank you for the simple version too.

Going to have to give this a whirl nice and loud at rehearsal next week

Thank you for uploading, I love that Deluxe Reverb lead tone! Would never have thought to try that model for full on gain.

I just stripped out some of the CPU hungrier effects that weren't being used and it works great, but thank you for the simple version too.

Going to have to give this a whirl nice and loud at rehearsal next week
Very cool. Please tell me how it worked with a band.

Yeah, I gotta thank you. I have never been a fender guy. Always mesa or marshall variants.
Ever since you posted this i got curious so i loaded up the deluxe reverb and had a go. What a killer tone I am getting. Hearing it i would never think a Fender is creating the tone, I would swear i had a marshall of some sort dialed up. But as you said, the highs are a little more tame, not as grating on the ears. I went for an SD1 in front and it really scratches that Rock Plexi itch. Paired it with a Friedman V30/greenback blend from york audio. Sound sooooo good.

Back
Top Bottom