Feedback type sound when guitar volume is at zero

TheGoatLord

Experienced
So I think I remember reading something about when using USB the Axe can make a high pitched noise. I'm running into what sounds like quiet feedback that never stops regardless of the volume on my guitar. I'm running usb into my computer and using the outputs on the Axe to go to my monitors. I don't remember this sound the first day I got it but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get this to stop today. Even putting a gate maxed out didn't stop it. Does anyone know what this could be?

It sounds like you may be picking up some interference through your guitar.

Turning the guitar's volume to 0 should put a dead short across the guitar cord, which should kill the noise. The fact that it doesn't suggests that there may be an issue with the guitar's grounding or volume pot.

There may also be a problem with your guitar cord. Swap it out and see what happens.

To see if it's related to USB, disconnect the USB cable at both ends and see if the noise persists.

I had a similar problem when I first got the Axe FX-2.. It figured out that the Axe FX was touching my AKG Wireless Unit in the Rack and causing a ground... I fixed that and it solved the problem...

Back
Top Bottom