Feedback screech when turning Axe on!!

Chris Musgrave

When turning on the AxeFX XL+ there is a piercing feedback which i would associate with speakers being close by but having removed them it is still there through the headphones. It has only just started and having the unit for 2 years was surprised as it is sat in a desktop unit and never moved. Have scoured the net for answers but nothing. Have reset the axe and uploaded some presets but still there. Have it plugged direct to both an iMac and a focusrite scarlett turned off both and it is still happening.

Any help from you guys appreciated,

Chris

Does it happen when your Axe-Fx isn't connected to anything but your headphones? If it does, contact Fractal support. That's not normal.

Yes, Although I still have Active monitors connected via balanced Out 1 but these are off when I switch on but screech comes through headphone loud which is annoying even when not wearing, just hung up 6 feet away! Unless anyone else has had a similar problem will contact support.

I had a similar problem when I ran my stereo guitar output into a preset that had separate paths for the left (piezo) and right (humbucker) signals. My I/O input 1 was set to something other then Stereo. Maybe check the I/O section to see everything is setup correctly.

I had a similar problem when I ran my stereo guitar output into a preset that had separate paths for the left (piezo) and right (humbucker) signals. My I/O input 1 was set to something other then Stereo. Maybe check the I/O section to see everything is setup correctly.

Hi Guys,
I reset the axe loaded back the patches and it was still there so fiddled in the I/O settings, problem is that i changed a few values at once and one of them has worked I think a setting on out/in 2 was wrong, strange as i never touch them and its been going well for 2 years! Anyway have learned something in case it happens again, Thanks BBW for pointing me to I/O i should have gone there first i guess although it looks like no one has had the same problem before but hope it helps someone further down the line

Back
Top Bottom