feedback? noob question sorry :)

kloppsta

hey all, sorry in advance for the total noob question. im thinking of going the axe fx 2 route but before i do i need to know if getting "feedback" is possible at high volumes the same way it is with a "real" tube amp?
if i do go with the axe fx i will be running it pretty simple, guitar > axe 2 > power amp (mono) > 4x12 speaker cabinet. im not really interested in stereo rigs and FRFR speaker setups. marrying the axe fx 2 as a pre-amp with a good quality tube power amp and 4x12 cab will suit me just fine i think :) (im old school but like to embrace new tech where i can)

anyway, a few of my songs rely heavily on amp feedback almost as an "effect" or interlude into another song etc. i remember reading something that said you couldnt really get "feedback" going on with amp modellers? is this true or does that issue go away if you are running it like a pre-amp into a real tube power amp and real 4x12 with speaker sims off?

please listen to the track "Find A Way" below and at 05:21 you will hear what i mean by "feedback"
Antihero | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

thanks!! :)

Last edited:
yes, you'll get tons of the desired feedback you want, just like a regular amp setup. just make sure the guitar pickups can "hear" the speakers (like with a real amp) and you're there.

The Axe II is the first DMA I've played that does this. In some cases, it will do it at lower volumes than the real amps!

I could get feedback sometimes with my Ultra, but the II is the first device that works like the real thing.

thats great news :) i was worried about that.....how does the Axe 2 react to pedals infront? especially fuzz and wah? using a clean patch and running a fuzz in front would sound the same as on a "normal" amp?

thats great news :) i was worried about that.....how does the Axe 2 react to pedals infront? especially fuzz and wah? using a clean patch and running a fuzz in front would sound the same as on a "normal" amp?
Not needed.. Built in.. my pedals are back in their boxes (not collecting dust) - you get the drift :)

Unless its a very unique pedal I doubt you'll need any. Once you see how stripped down your rig will be I bet you won't want to deal with pedals anyways.

Back
Top Bottom