FCB1010 UNO Confusion

zerolight

Inspired
Hi folks, I've spent about 2 hours messing around with the FCB1010 and can't figure out to configure it.

The Voes website suggests that to get stomp box mode you power on holding 1 and 10 down. This does nothing. The 1 and 9 to enable extended memory do work fine though - the countdown appears, etc.

The user guide suggests going into config mode and enabling switches 8 and 9 to get stomp box mode on the top row. I've tried that. Still don't seem to be in stomp box mode - can't light up more than one foot switch.

I have a USB midi cable which I've tried connecting to my FCB - can't seem to get a connection between OS X or Windows with it to try the sample Axe FX file from Voes.

I am thoroughly confused.

I have Uno 1.04 by the way.

Can someone help me get this thing set up please. Ideally scenes on the top row, presets on the bottom.

I am not a technophobe but this thing has me thrown.

Thanks

Some of the cheaper USB/midi connections don't work effectively. I had a problem with a cheap one, which I solved by getting an M-Audio Midisport 2x2.

You'll also find that it Ripwerx software makes the job a lot easier than trying to program it manually using the buttons.

Ripwerx appareently doesn't work for everyone. I myself never had a problem with it, but some have needed Xavier's own editor. Xavier is the creator of the UnO and the Gordius footcontrollers. I'm sure Voes has a link.

An editor would make it much easier...
I used to run the FCB in stompbox mode. I had scenes on seperate banks, though. Never had them on the stomps.
Scenes on top is entirely possible. Just the LEDs will not coincide with the choices. Not sure about how that would work in preset mode...

Thanks guys. I'm in two minds about scenes vs just stomps. I'd like to mess around with stomp box mode until I can get another midi interface.

Any tips to enable it because I've had zero success so far.

Thanks.

PS. Ripwerx seems able to send but not receive as far as I can see in my setup. It happens very quickly though, should it? Regardless stomp mode isn't enabled when I do so. I really want to test this out and make sure the chip is working. Help.

You need to initialize the FCB to be able to receive sysex to be able to start editing via midi.
Voes has a tut on that too. fcb1010 - UnO - Howto It's the second pdf.

IIRC the methods in that tut worked for me. Can't explain why it wouldn't work on yours. You do have to keep those pedals pressed while turning the unit on and keep them pressed as long as it says. I don't think Xavier changed the button codes from the ofiginal factory ones.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, some MIDI-interfaces are labelled awkwardly. Like the M-Audio Uno that has TO MIDI-IN on the MIDI-output and TO MIDI OUT on the input. Be sure to have the best drivers. Sometimes Windows own drivers are better than the interface's.

In the pdf there's a test for the sysex mode.

In Ripwerx there is a window to display what the midi interface receives when you press a button on the FCB. Simple SendSX can show it too, but Ripwerx translates it a bit to show the actual functions.

Back
Top Bottom