fcb1010 new to midi world

Hey there,
got the Axe fx 2 for a month and I recently bought the FCB1010. I'm quite new to midi and can't see the light yet. I scarcely understand the way the fcb1010 interacts with the Axe. I read the yahoo group as well as this forum. I have the chip Uno installed on my unit with the stomp box mode on. I know that you can have the upper (or the low) row assigned to the stomboxes and the other row is for changing presets. My question is, if you are in the bank 1, you can have, for example, stomboxes such as reverb, drive, delay, x/y amp, chorus assigned to these presets and, if changing to bank 2, CAN You select different CCs, such as looper controls, play, rec, etc? Or you always have the same 5 stomp boxes for every bank? thank you guys

With the stompbox mode you can have 1 PC and 2 CCs for every button of the upper (or the low) row and they remain the same for every bank. If you want to use different CCs for different bank you have to use the standard mode.
I strongly suggest you to start with the ripwerx editor, so you can understand how the pedalboard works. Then read the UnO manual

Thanks Michele,
I have the Ripwerx on my Mac (I think there are same issues with the Ripwerx software running on Macs) but I have the message 'receiver time-out' so I can't use it. My fcb1010 midi in is connected to the midi out of the Axe and the FCB1010 midi out is connected to the midi in of the Axe.

Hi Martyhmcfly,

I have the same problems with the "Receiver Time Out" message on the PC............I need to run it from the command prompt and use a usb-midi cable........i seem to have no problem with other midi applications.

I can use the other software (the name escpaes me) and this seems to work fine.

Midi has always been a mystery to me ;-)

Indeed it's a mistery my friend. Some months ago I was just playing in front of my amp, plus my guitar and some delay or wah, and in the flick of an eye I'm involve in this digital midi thing. It's really an interesting world, but quite frustrating if you're a noob. So, to sum up, if I want to have some blOcks such as delay and reverb in bank 1 and different blocks let's say looper play/ stop ccs in block 2 , it's not possible in the fcb 1010? What about the Mfc, is it able to do that?
By the way Michelle, what do you mean by standard mode? Thanks again guys.

ripwerx really sucks on macs. I had much better results using ripwerx in windows mode using bootcamp utility. I no longer have have the macbook laptop i was using for that so will install windows on my imac and either buy parallels software or just use bootcamp utility. likely the latter as it seems ridiculous to spend $70ish on parallels just to program my fcb. I already have a version of windows 7, and can just use bootcamp. Id say try that instead of using Mac O/S for ripewerx...it is a great utility for programming the fcb.

I tried the Ripwerx with the vmware fusion and I had the"Receiver Time Out" message all the time. I read every possible forum and didn't find any answer. So I decided to concentrate on something else, it was freakin' me out.

ok, good news, I download the windows driver and installed it in the virtual desktop of my mac. It's working now. (I mean ripwerx ).Almost, I have performed the loop test and an error appears!! Keep working on it.

Almost done, everything seems to be ok, thanks to Voes manual but I have a problem with the last part. When sending the patch dump to the fcb, nothing happens, only the message 2352 bytes were sent on AxeFx2 Midi out, but the fcb is not getting the data from Ripwerx. Any lights? I'm almost there please some enlightenment.

Back
Top Bottom