FC12 FASLINK Jack Issue - Need Help

Marcel

Inspired
I had a gig last night and it seemed like the FASLINK port on my FC12 is loose. When I wiggle the cable the unit turns off/on. I switched cables but it still happened. Fortunately I had no issues during the gig. I won’t have a chance to test it again until later this week so have a question until then:

In the event the jack comes completely loose and unusable would I be able to use the other (female) FASLINK jack on the FC12 to connect it to the FX III using a cable adapter? In other words, does the other port also supply power to the unit and messaging from the FX III?

Try a different cable first.
I did that already. It’s in the post. I’m trying to come up with a backup plan in the event that jack ever does crap out. I can’t play without the FC12 so either I buy another as a back up ($$$) or perhaps I can leverage the other jack.

Reactions: Rex
I had a gig last night and it seemed like the FASLINK port on my FC12 is loose. When I wiggle the cable the unit turns off/on. I switched cables but it still happened. Fortunately I had no issues during the gig. I won’t have a chance to test it again until later this week so have a question until then:

In the event the jack comes completely loose and unusable would I be able to use the other (female) FASLINK jack on the FC12 to connect it to the FX III using a cable adapter? In other words, does the other port also supply power to the unit and messaging from the FX III?
I don't think so... The other cable is for providing communication with another FC.

Back
Top Bottom