FC: which external switches?

Hi guys,

Bit of a stupid question but I've got a single TS latching footswitch the kind you use to change channels on an amp. Using a TRS cable as well. What I want to do is just use it as a stand in switch to turn the tuner on and off on the axe. Am I right in thinking that I need a mono latching footswitch instead of the TS one?

I've tried using my TS one and it does work but only on the 2nd press of the foot-switch to turn on and then turn it off again. Obviously I just want to push it once each time to turn it on and off. I have the tuner function on a separate layout which is currently layout 8 on button 1 which is set to tap and then in the stand in switch menu I have FS 3 set to layout out 8 and then FS 1 is selected.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi guys,

Bit of a stupid question but I've got a single TS latching footswitch the kind you use to change channels on an amp. Using a TRS cable as well. What I want to do is just use it as a stand in switch to turn the tuner on and off on the axe. Am I right in thinking that I need a mono latching footswitch instead of the TS one?

I've tried using my TS one and it does work but only on the 2nd press of the foot-switch to turn on and then turn it off again. Obviously I just want to push it once each time to turn it on and off. I have the tuner function on a separate layout which is currently layout 8 on button 1 which is set to tap and then in the stand in switch menu I have FS 3 set to layout out 8 and then FS 1 is selected.

Many thanks

Paul

You need a momentary switch to get the most out of it. If you use a latching switch pedal, you have to use "Follow Hardware" on the switch settings on the FC, and momentary on the modifier settings to get latching action out of it, and you won't be able to get momentary out of it. If the modifier is set to latching, or the FC setting for the switch is set to "Virtual Toggle" it will do the " every other time" thing you mentioned.

I was even able to get "every fourth time" by using a latching switch with virtual toggle on the FC and latching on the modifier. Not sure what the application would be, outside of a prank setting for your buddy's AxeFx3 and FC....

I ordered a few different ones to try out. I'm thinking instead of having all four switches in one box, to have a few dual boxes so I can place on either side of the FC. I have these showing up today to test out:

Dual Momentary External Footswitch for Drum Machine & Guitar Effects Pedal Foot Switch with 6.35mm Stereo Cable
Footswitch Pedal,Foot Switch,DUAL SWITCH MOSKY Full Metal Shell

They are also easy to build to suit your needs. You can get blank enclosures and space things out as much as you need. I may end up doing that but wanted something to test out right away. And Amazon had 1 day shipping for these.
hey this is really interesting, quick question if I order this one, will I be fine with the stereo cable or do I need to get a stereo into 2xmono cable?
Cheers
Rafa

Just use momentary switches for functions such as changing layouts, bank etc, and the FC will reflect the change, so you don’t need LED’s.

For things like turning a given effect on/off your better with an internal switch as it’s always going to reflect the correct status upon loading et al, not to mention the scribble strip which will help you know what it is controlling.

Looking for what make/model of external switches I can use for momentary functions exactly as you described. I have an FC-12, with 2 Fractal expression pedals and would love to add 2 external switches, one dedicated to changing layouts for the FC-12. And the other to dedicate to momentary effect activation/deactivation while stepping/holding on it.
I’m new to switch usage so I don’t understand the latching/unlatching terminology but I want the smallest footswitch possible to dedicate to these simple functions. I really like the look of the JHS Red Remote Auzillary Footswitch. If I get two of these, will this type of switch work for those kind of FC-12 Layout changes and separately for momentary effect activation functions? If not, what other footswirches (besides the BOSS switches) would work? Thanks!
-David2A7BBD6B-8022-409C-A5E3-48AA399BEA36.png

Looking for what make/model of external switches I can use for momentary functions exactly as you described. I have an FC-12, with 2 Fractal expression pedals and would love to add 2 external switches, one dedicated to changing layouts for the FC-12. And the other to dedicate to momentary effect activation/deactivation while stepping/holding on it.
I’m new to switch usage so I don’t understand the latching/unlatching terminology but I want the smallest footswitch possible to dedicate to these simple functions. I really like the look of the JHS Red Remote Auzillary Footswitch. If I get two of these, will this type of switch work for those kind of FC-12 Layout changes and separately for momentary effect activation functions? If not, what other footswirches (besides the BOSS switches) would work? Thanks!
-DavidView attachment 76715
You need a momentary switch. This does not state that it is momentary. Mosky makes a nice one with two switches that is inexpensive and solidly built....

Back
Top Bottom