FC switches, can they be different per scene?

Dr. Faustus

Inspired
Apologies for my density, I seem to be having a bad hair day. This is probably either simple to do or my fundamental lack of experience just makes me blind. I've tried to RTFM but I know when I am beaten. Work is crushing me lately and with so little downtime I'm getting frustrated chasing down blind alleys. Hope you folks understand.

Hypothetical case using an example I saw earlier:
I have a preset with a trem block and chorus block. On scene one I would like to toggle the trem on/off with FM3 button 1. On scene two I would like to use the same switch (FM3 button 1) to toggle the chorus (for example).

I was hoping to accomplish this with the Per-Preset button definitions but I haven't achieved the result of subbing a new function to PP1 without changing it for every scene. Either this is the wrong approach and there is a way to do this, or there actually is no way to do this (which I find hard to imagine). It seems some functionality is achieved in a slightly different workflow than on previous firmware platforms?

Our products have PER-PRESET switches but not PER-SCENE capabilities. This has not changed across different firmware versions.

You might be able to program some clever modifiers to do what you need. For instance, assigning Trem Depth and Chorus Mix to the same control switch, then bypassing and engaging the blocks in different scenes.

Footswitch functions are designed per layout. That's fixed, and doesn't change. But you can use Layout Links to change layouts when you stomp a switch.

You might be able to program some clever modifiers to do what you need. For instance, assigning Trem Depth and Chorus Mix to the same control switch, then bypassing and engaging the blocks in different scenes.
Cool! Kinda like the workaround where I leave a delay on all the time and bring in the level with pedal #2 instead of using auto-on.

I can actually work with this, I think it's a bright idea and I wish I'd thought of it. I imagine this kind of problem-solving will become natural to me as my familiarity with the unit grows.

Question asked and answered, thank you both. @Admin M@ I am not sure of the custom around here but if it's protocol to lock/close question threads, I'm good. If anyone else wants to share, I'd be pleased with that as well. Whatever suits this community best.

Back
Top Bottom