FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Yep, damn all these pesky frickn’ customers that are excited out of their minds to get the chance to send their hard earned cash for something they’ve been waiting months to purchase from you.......damn them! Those pesky customers must have some nerve!;)

It’s kind of a bigger issue I guess that people are “excited out of their minds” over a foot controller or basically anything that is a consumer electronics purchase. This isn’t just a FAS issue, the same holds true for nearly anything in consumer purchasing culture be it cabbage patch kids, beanie babies, King of Tone OD pedals, the latest smartphone, or foot controllers.

There is a perverse confusion between needs and wants in modern society and a total “i want it now” mentality in most everything we do.

There are people waiting on life saving cancer drugs with more patience than people waiting for consumer electronics.

The one girl from Willie Wonka was supposed to be this over the top portrayal of a spoiled entitled brat back when the movie came out, but these days darn if her behavior and attitude isn’t identical to tone of people I know....

It’s kind of a bigger issue I guess that people are “excited out of their minds” over a foot controller or basically anything that is a consumer electronics purchase. This isn’t just a FAS issue, the same holds true for nearly anything in consumer purchasing culture be it cabbage patch kids, beanie babies, King of Tone OD pedals, the latest smartphone, or foot controllers.

There is a perverse confusion between needs and wants in modern society and a total “i want it now” mentality in most everything we do.

There are people waiting on life saving cancer drugs with more patience than people waiting for consumer electronics.

The one girl from Willie Wonka was supposed to be this over the top portrayal of a spoiled entitled brat back when the movie came out, but these days darn if her behavior and attitude isn’t identical to tone of people I know....

I get what you're saying, but "I want it now" would have been somebody throwing a fit seven months ago, when there was no FC to go with their new Axe III, and I really don't remember seeing any fits. Here we are months later, they announce that they are shipping, and we really haven't seen anything, so people are getting a little antsy. I don't think what we've seen here in the forum really equates to an "I want it now" fit. "shrug" YMMV

Wow. I’m surprised, and I totally disagree. I have a $2500 devise that practically cannot be used live without an additional purchase. I can leave it on one setting, but then why not just use a better sounding amplifier from 1959-1964, right? Talk about amp in the room...

Based upon your points, why do you own a Fractal? Didn’t most of you eagerly get on the waitlist, when it was announced? I think this is what one member was talking about earlier.

Are you suggesting, after waiting the better part of a year, that it’s wrong for me to be anxious for a simple footswitch that controls my effects device? Why is it ok to judge others’ motives? You’re a better person than I?

Spoiled brats? Cancer patients? Really?

I just happen to be posting while I’m in Germany, because it was nice to speak a bit of English. I’ll go back to quietly hoping that this company can pull this out soon. I have nothing but praise for them.

I get what you're saying, but "I want it now" would have been somebody throwing a fit seven months ago, when there was no FC to go with their new Axe III, and I really don't remember seeing any fits. Here we are months later, they announce that they are shipping, and we really haven't seen anything, so people are getting a little antsy. I don't think what we've seen here in the forum really equates to an "I want it now" fit. "shrug" YMMV

It's the people that are posting misinformation, stirring things up, asserting that folks at Fractal are lying, etc. that are obnoxious. I don't think anyone is bothered by people being excited, antsy, etc.

vlt.gif

What I don't get is the "If I don't have this foot controller, my AXE3 is useless" mentality. There are numerous foot controllers ranging from the inexpensive Morningstar MC6 to the expensive but feature rich RJM Mastermind GT16/22. I use a RJM LT which is a less expensive controller. I honestly don't even know if I will ever get an FC controller.

What I don't get is the "If I don't have this foot controller, my AXE3 is useless" mentality. There are numerous foot controllers ranging from the inexpensive Morningstar MC6 to the expensive but feature rich RJM Mastermind GT16/22. I use a RJM LT which is a less expensive controller. I honestly don't even know if I will ever get an FC controller.
I hear ya.....at this point the Morningstar is starting to look pretty darn good! The price is right, too!

I hear ya.....at this point the Morningstar is starting to look pretty darn good! The price is right, too!

My Morningstar MC-6 was just delivered yesterday. Still figuring it out, but so far it's working very well. The switches are a little close, so take that into account depending on what you will use it for. I'm going to use it for patch changes (not scenes), tuner, etc. - i.e., static-type functions that can be done while not playing. Plus, it's just a nice, compact midi controller for any side projects/needs that might come up.

Well, you can actually put an FC-12 in the cart like you're buying it as of now. I didn't try and go through with the purchase, though. They still have the waitlist disclaimer up.

Well, you can actually put an FC-12 in the cart like you're buying it as of now. I didn't try and go through with the purchase, though. They still have the waitlist disclaimer up.

Are they back in the store? Earlier today, only the FC-6 was there.

EDIT: odd... it's there now. It was not there earlier today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom