FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Guessing we will need a new $30 FC-edit app to go along with the new controllers to make it super easy to set up. All those things take time.
If you’re referencing MFC-Edit, it was originally made by someone who doesn’t work for FAS, and later adopted by FAS as an official offering. That’s why it remains a paid app.

The FC will be adjusted via Axe-Edit, as you can see in the current build of Axe-Edit (though it is not functional at this time).

If you’d like to send FAS $30 for Axe-Edit that you already have, I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.

13416297.jpg

Fully understand that the whole setup for FC controllers is done through Axe-Edit however with the power of layout pages a WYSIWYG editor along the lines of MFC-Edit that shows each page layout while being able to edit the scribble strip and dual function of each switch sounds pretty reasonable to me for $30.

Fully understand that the whole setup for FC controllers is done through Axe-Edit however with the power of layout pages a WYSIWYG editor along the lines of MFC-Edit that shows each page layout while being able to edit the scribble strip and dual function of each switch sounds pretty reasonable to me for $30.

So on other words, hold up those confirmation emails, tell UPS nothing needs to be picked up, and get to work on a new editor software which should be completed BEFORE any FC’s ship out, right ?

Yep, part of the beauty and point of the new controllers is that everything can easily be configured via the current editor software and the unit itself. The FC’s are just acting as a controller and don’t require any specific programming.

This will make things much easier than trying to configure a MFC to put it mildly.
As a software person I agree....very, very good planning and architecture on their part.

Man, I just thought of something funny, but I'd get booted in a blink...
Regardless of all the chatter, the Fractal team has every reason in the world, and all of our support, to get the product complete and all components shipped as soon as possible. The rig I'm assembling is going to be positively top-shelf. I'm down to the last two bits outstanding, one of which is the FC12. Yay.

Ha! Dude, don't you know you can't say anything even remotely close to even being considered by anyone to even possibly be the slightest bit critical of anything FAS sells, charges, markets, or manufactures. Silly guy!

That’s not even remotely true.

However, in this case it’s pretty much a daily harping (sometimes multiple times a day). At a certain point, it’s just obnoxious. That point has been reached. Particularly when it becomes outright misinformation like this last little bit of nonsense.

My hope is that FAS doesn't get tired of all of us whining and stop publishing upcoming product releases.

They could just as easily had stated that the Axe-FX III would not be supported with an FAS foot controller and that users would need to purchases a controller that would best meet their needs. Then on Jan 1, 2019, just before making their FC's available, make the new FC product announcement.

IMO, expressing excitement over the anticipation of a wait list notification is one thing. Complaining about how the company conducts their business is another and, quite frankly, really none of my business.

I would bet my Axe-FX III that FAS has consider all of the wishes, suggestions, desires, etc. for keeping us updated that many have expressed. But for reasons known only to them, they have determined it is in the best interest of FAS and current and future customers to follow the protocol they are following - whatever it is.

I am absolutely certain they are more anxious to begin shipping the FC's than we are to get them. Think of the capital invested up to this point.

That being said..... I've got to go check my email inbox. :)

I know that it’s been a while but I know when the Fc is ready that fractal will send them and that is fine with me, keep up the good work fractal! Heck we’re lucky to just be alive after Hurricane Michael here we are living in our drive way because our house is so messed up. So you see it could be worse. Hang in there fractal community.

In the future they probably shouldn't say anything the same thing happens every time

Can’t win though... don’t say anything and they aren’t being transparent and don’t value their customers

Say it’s delayed and you catch flack for being incompetent and why couldn’t they have them both ready together and how it’s unacceptable

Finally say you hope it ship some the first or second week of the new year and after 3 days folks already are raising the pitchforks, and heaven forbid it’s a week later because then they are liars and don’t value their customers

Put out a beta firmware, someone complains a feature doesn’t work or their is a bug.

Don’t put out a firmware, people complain why hasn’t there been an update in XX days, they bought the thing on the promise of updates....

Make a new product ? It’s too big, too small, doesn’t offer ____.

There really isn’t anything they can do that someone won’t complain about.

In fairness to everyone, they had to say something - we aren’t talking about just a product or feature release. It’s the foot controller for an FX device, albeit one from heaven.

There are comments here and there, but the balance of everyone’s comments are significantly positive.

Last edited:
Yep, damn all these pesky frickn’ customers that are excited out of their minds to get the chance to send their hard earned cash for something they’ve been waiting months to purchase from you.......damn them! Those pesky customers must have some nerve!;)

This is a damned if you do damed if you don’t scenario.

What would happen if, as suggested they merely said “No Foot Controller for the AFX III, use an 3rd party controller. BTW MFC is not supported” only to announce a new controller months later?

Initially people would complain about the lack of a native foot controller.

Then they would accept and buy a 3rd party contoller. People would then complain about the level of integration they were able to achieve with a 3rd party controller and say there should have been a controller available when the Axe III released.

Then when the FC is ultimately announced, people would complain that they already spent money on a controller and they should have had the controller ready when the Axe III released so that we did not have to purchase 2 contollers.

We already know what happens if they announce it up front.

No. Win. Situation.

Other consideration are that by announcing up front they can in effect “hold” the market and get some people to wait on the FAS controller rather than buying a 3rd party controller. They also get the benefit of being transparent and the good will that can bring from the customer base (even if there is frustration over the delay).

I know that it’s been a while but I know when the Fc is ready that fractal will send them and that is fine with me, keep up the good work fractal! Heck we’re lucky to just be alive after Hurricane Michael here we are living in our drive way because our house is so messed up. So you see it could be worse. Hang in there fractal community.
I’m just a little confused because they said weeks ago they were now shipping. Unless they meant they were being shipped to them.

Back
Top Bottom