FC-6 Expression 2 not working?

Hey guys, I connected the FC-6 and all is good with Expression 1 (I use for volume). I've been thru the same setup for 2 and it shows 100% in Calibration and set on Continuous but not working on WAH or anything other assignment. Both are connected to the FC-6 and both Fractal EV2. Any ideas why it's not working?
Both worked fine with direct connection to the Expression iii.

You'll need to tell us how exactly you are making the assignments for Pedal 2. I typically have FC Pedal 2 bound to External Control 2. External Control 2 will then be mapped to a modifier in a preset.

I'd recommend trying that out and checking the graph in the modifier window to make sure you are getting the sweep.

In the Axe FXIII go to setup, then midi remote, then page over to external, and select FC 1 Pedal 1 for external Control 1, FC 1 Pedal 2 for external control 2, etc.

Last edited:
I have the WAH assigned to pedal 2 of the FC-6. MIDI is set to FC Control 2 and the FC Controller is set to FC-6. Both calibrate on the AXE iii
and 1-2 calibrates. AXE-EDIT does not show a sweep on VOL or WAH (Wah does show on the edit page as Wahwah 2) VOL on 1 works, 2 does not. (hope that makes sense) As I stated before, it worked plugged directly into the AXE iii. I've swapped cables and done the ground troubleshoot. Anything else I'm missing?

In Axe Edit click on your wah block of the preset, and you'll see a knob that says control. Click on the control knob while holding down control button (for Mac) and the screen will open up. The top left window is the one where you select the external pedal you want for the wah.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm using 4.00-beta and I've never seen that panel on AXE-EDIT iii, what steps or main page screen am I missing to send a screenshot of this? I've yet to locate
How did you assign it to Wah without seeing that screen? The front panel?

In Axe Edit click on your wah block of the preset, and you'll see a knob that says control. Click on the control knob while holding down control button (for Mac) and the screen will open up. The top left window is the one where you select the external pedal you want for the wah.

Dude, Thanks so much. problem solved. I appreciate all the replies and thanks for heads up on the modifier.

Dude, Thanks so much. problem solved. I appreciate all the replies and thanks for heads up on the modifier.
if you've only found this screen now, how did you assign it before?

edit - i'm guessing you assigned the BYPASS control to the pedal. the tab you used on the Axe Front Panel says Bypass. so that wouldn't control the wah sound. just the bypass (on/off).

you should read the Owner's Manual - it describes exactly how to do this correctly.

Last edited:
Thought I had this. MIDI/Remote page External on FC-1 Pedal same for 2. Edit Modifier is FC1 Pedal 1 for Wahwah. Edit Modifier is FC1 Pedal 2 for Volume/Pan 2-Volume. Of course NO shared pedal assignment in Effect Blocks and confirms that in Block Info.
My volume works great in 2, Wah works as volume and Wah together, meaning when Wah pedal 1 is in off position, volume is off when pedal 2 volume is in full on position. any ideas as to Wahwah being only a Wahwah and bypassed when not used and volume works as volume control?

I'm learning more everyday. I've studied the manual and cannot see what I'm doing wrong.

MIDI/Remote page External on FC-1 Pedal same for 2. Edit Modifier is FC1 Pedal 1 for Wahwah. Edit Modifier is FC1 Pedal 2 for Volume/Pan 2-Volume. Of course NO shared pedal assignment in Effect Blocks and confirms that in Block Info.
My volume works great in 2, Wah works as volume and Wah together, meaning when Wah pedal 1 is in off position, volume is off when pedal 2 volume is in full on position. any ideas as to Wahwah being only a Wahwah and bypassed when not used and volume works as volume control?

I'm learning more everyday. I've studied the manual and cannot see what I'm doing wrong.
you're speaking in some sort of short hand. i don't understand most of this.

"MIDI/Remote page External on FC-1 Pedal same for 2" - what exactly does the Axe screen show for this? are you saying both pedals are set to the same value? External what? is there a number?

"My volume works great in 2" - what is "in 2"? 2 what?

MIDI/Remote page External Control FC-1 Pedal 1
MIDI/Remote page External Control FC-1 Pedal 2
Modifier shows Wahwah 1-Control
Modifier shows Volume/Pan 2-Volume

MIDI/Remote page External Control FC-1 Pedal 1
MIDI/Remote page External Control FC-1 Pedal 2
External Control usually has a number associated with it. i'm not understanding where you're seeing this.

Modifier shows Wahwah 1-Control
Modifier shows Volume/Pan 2-Volume

what SOURCE is selected for each of these?

what you've said here just describes the Parameter you're modifying. which is good, but doesn't say much.

screen-shot-2019-03-16-at-11-58-10-am-png.53364

in my image, the top left says "Source" and says FC 1 Pedal 2.

what does yours show for both Wah and Volume? they should be different for the different pedals.

Back
Top Bottom