FC-12 won't go into MLM - Help Needed Please

GoVols64

Recently had my FC-12 act very oddly when trying to get into MLM. I am hoping I am doing something wrong but am not sure why this is acting funny out of the blue.

I do the rocker motion bottom to top (6 & 12) as I have always done. Instead of getting the MLM the ten switches to the left (1-5 and 7-11) start flashing. I can sometimes select the flashing presents and other times only 1-3 & 7-9 will take an input (tap or hold). 6 & 12 (Bank -1/+1) don't work.

Sometimes restarting the AF3 works and at other times the FC-12 acts the same way.

Unplugging the FC-12 cable (tried new ones w/no change) never works.

I have reset the controller with no improvement

AF3 FM: 23.05
FC FM: 1.12

Thoughts?

Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!

When you’re doing the rock-stomp to get to the MLM, make sure your heel is still holding down button 6 when your toe hits button 12.

When you’re doing the rock-stomp to get to the MLM, make sure your heel is still holding down button 6 when your toe hits button 12.
Appreciate it but I have tried multiple "techniques" to sort this out. Have not had a problem to date. Used hands too but what is confounding is the right 6 switches stop working.... it is bizzare.

Is there a way to deactive sections on the FC-12 using the foot switches? I can't find anything about it in the manual or here.

Check for loose ribbon cables.
Just closed her up and they were all fine. I will reach out to @FractalAudio for help. I think what is happeneing is a preset is somehow turning 4-6 & 10-12 "off." I am not sure if it is actually a preset or of a switch combo I am hitting is doing it.

Basically it switches banks, everything is flashing then I can only select 1-3 or 7-9. It is intermittent which is why I am having trouble isolating it. Likely a very simple thing I am missing..... :rolleyes:

I may be off in left field here, but there's a global setting to enable or disable the MLM combination. Make sure it's enabled if you want to use it.

If it's disabled, and one of the switches you're pressing happens to be a bank select, the preset switches will flash until you select a preset. That's how bank select works -- you've said you want to go to a preset in a different bank, but you haven't picked which preset, which also means you haven't completely picked a bank, since you might want to jump up or down more than one bank before picking a preset.

Please excuse if you've already ruled this out and I missed it, but check it out see if it might apply.

Dave - thank you very much. I found this setting on accident while looking for possible causes; it was enabled. I have never changed it as I like the functionality.

The behavior you’re describing is what I am seeing and explains the problem nearly perfectly save when the right 6 switches become unresponsive. It tends to clear with time and have selectable presents or functions, they just don’t activate when tapped or held.

Not sure the root cause with the MLM selected globally.

Thanks again, great pointer.

Dave - thank you very much. I found this setting on accident while looking for possible causes; it was enabled. I have never changed it as I like the functionality.

The behavior you’re describing is what I am seeing and explains the problem nearly perfectly save when the right 6 switches become unresponsive. It tends to clear with time and have selectable presents or functions, they just don’t activate when tapped or held.

Does this happen on all layouts or only specific ones?

What are the switch settings for switches 6 and 12 when it happens?

Try disabling the global MLM setting that Dave mentioned and see if the behavior is the same, then re-enable it.

I’ve not thought about the layout, will try it, it thanks. I power up into default layout, go to MLM and then either scenes or preset specific.

6 & 12 are Bank +/- 1

Will do. Thank you!

Maybe try disabling MLM, restarting, enabling it again and restarting again. Just a thought, if something is somehow stuck somewhere.

So I tried @Dave Merrill suggestion of disable/enable w/a power cycle after each change. I'm happy to report that it appears to have worked and the FC-12 is working as expected. whew! Thanks again for the recommendation.

Next time I will ensure I don't expose the FC-12 light, especially sunlight, which will kill it; I won't let it come in contact with water; and above all, I will never feed it after midnight.. ;)

Yes. Hit/held 6 and tapped 12 and started doing the bank -1. MLM didn’t work and was enabled in the global settings.

Did the disable/enable w/restart and it works. Having to do that every time I restart is going to get annoying.

Yes. Hit/held 6 and tapped 12 and started doing the bank -1. MLM didn’t work and was enabled in the global settings.

Did the disable/enable w/restart and it works. Having to do that every time I restart is going to get annoying.
What’s assigned to 6 (tap and hold)?

Back
Top Bottom