FC-12 OMG Set up Trouble

LerxstFan

Inspired
Hi All,

I just picked up a new FC-12 and love that I have access to 8 scenes and the tap temp and tuner.

I was able to set the bank +1 and bank -1 on the FC-12, and it does show it's working as it should when I press each switch with the banks new name appearing on the FC 12, but the bank is NOT changing on the FM3 and the three switches are no longer showing as the OMG set up of Presets, Scenes, and Effects.

Then I did something in the settings in the set up menu on the FM3 with startup layout and current layout, and I've made a mess of things.

I checked out YT but there is nothing I found for help with the OMG 15 set up - which I know should work like a charm when I downloaded the OMG 15 layout from the site, but I'm definitely doing something wrong!

Again, grateful for any help to figure this out! I would even Venmo someone some money for your time and help.

Thank you!

Wow - thank you! I just got everything set up the way I want with the FC-12, but it's the same problem - I can increase or decrease the banks on the FC 12, but it's not 'talking' to the FM3. I'll download the new version and let you know what happens.

I replied to your thread on the FC12 forum - I now understand what you are trying to do. The bank + or - wont change anything on the FM3 until a preset in that bank is selected, and in the "scenes" FC12 layout there are no presets selection switches. You need add a switch assigned to "Select in Bank" and a number of a patch in that bank (as shown in LHS of image below). Youd be better off using "Preset" and "inc /dec" option shown in second image if you only have two footswitches free.

1628800799304.png

Use Preset Inc/dec to change patches by 1 each time its pressed (ie press will change patch 1 to patch 2, etc) - this is what I have in my SCENES layout to allow patch changing.
1628801022925.png

I was able to set the bank +1 and bank -1 on the FC-12, and it does show it's working
but the bank is NOT changing on the FM3 and the three switches are no longer showing as the OMG set up of Presets, Scenes, and Effects.
Please describe what you are expecting to happen on the FM3 when changing banks on the FC12.

“I press bank up on the FC12 and the FM3 _______”

Just seeing this now - thank you blaggers for the help! I'll see what I can get to work tonight.

@chris - what I'm expecting to happen in the Scenes mode on the OMG 15 is to add a bank up and bank down function, just like what's in the presets mode that has the bank up and bank down switches so I can switch easily between scenes.

Even when I use the Presets mode, and everything shows up as it should on the FC-12, and I try and bank up or bank down, I can see the next bank/preset appear on the FC-12, but nothing changes on the FM3. I'm sure it's a setting I have missed or messed up because it seems like the FM3 and FC-12 are not connected and talking to each other.

Thank you again for the help and responses. I'll post tonight and see if I made progress and can figure this out.

Last edited:
I may also be trying to do something that I can't? I expected to be able to move from one scene to the next...like with my AX8, with the bank up and bank down functions where I could access four presets easily.

So I did a full reset of the FM3 and reloaded the OMG link from the site. I can now use the OMG15 set up in the presets layout to navigate banks. I'll change out the Bank +1 and Bank -1 switch functions for other things when I'm in the Scenes layout. Complete user error on my part for trying to add the bank up and down functions to the scenes layout when I don't need them. Thank you all for the the help!

Even when I use the Presets mode, and everything shows up as it should on the FC-12, and I try and bank up or bank down, I can see the next bank/preset appear on the FC-12, but nothing changes on the FM3.
Bank changes change the Footswitches that display Presets. it changes the current "group" of presets on that controller (the bank of presets) to display the next "group" of presets (the next bank). now it's in a "ready state" to select from that group of presets, as opposed to the previous one.

if you mean nothing changes on the main FM3 screen, nothing will change, because you haven't changed presets. you've just changed what the footswitches are displaying.

Back
Top Bottom