FC-12 not responding.. help!

BreakTheFall

The last few weeks I’ve been running into an issue where buttons on my FC12 will stop responding while others still work fine. It isn’t always the same buttons. The issue happens two ways either the scribble strip for the button will freeze highlighted as if it is stuck being held down. Or the button on the FC will look like it is working perfectly but the effect on the AFXIII will not actually engage/disengage. Either way disconnecting then reconnecting the XLR will fix it temporarily.
I have tried a new XLR cable, and made sure that both the FC and AFXIII are on the latest non Beta release but the same issue is occurring. Any suggestions? I imagine I may need to restore something but can’t decide if it’s the FC or the AFXIII that is the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I would restore both FC and Axe system settings. Does it happened suddenly or did you use it months without problems and now it arises?

I would restore both FC and Axe system settings. Does it happened suddenly or did you use it months without problems and now it arises?
I’ve had it for a while now with no issue April or May I got it issue probably just started December. Issues didn’t start after any updates or changes I don’t think either which is odd. I’ll have to back up my presets and do the restore an go from there.

Did it take any chock eventually? After asking Fractal about warranty, if you are allowed to open it without voiding your warranty, I would see if there is any lose connection and check that all the connectors are well sited. If you know another user, you could check your FC with another Axe-Fx III.

I have a similar issue where the bottom 3 switches on the right of my FC-12 suddenly stop responding. This has only started happening in the last month and was not a problem previously. No clear reason as to when/why it occurs. Once I reboot the Axe Fx lll, everything works again.
I contacted Fractal support and, after checking the internal ribbon connections, am sending the unit in for repair per their instructions.

Yea I actually thought it was fixed so I didn’t send it in when they asked me to but it came back.. so now I need to try to find a time that I can go without the AxeFX and FC

I am having similar issues, noted in the other thread.

Edit: SOLVED. I was using a preset that was accessing the Global Scales, and I hadn't entered any data. I updates to 12.03, entered the data, problem solved.

Last edited:
What data are you referring to..... I haven't updated past 12.02

My FC6 is acting sporadic as well! :confused:

What data are you referring to..... I haven't updated past 12.02

My FC6 is acting sporadic as well! :confused:
Like I said, I was using a preset that accessed the Global Scales (used by the Pitch Block). I hadn’t entered any data values in the Global Scales, which messed up the FC-6 somehow. Once I entered that data, my problem went away.

if you aren’t using the Global Scales this particular problem and fix won’t affect you.

My FC12 is doing the same thing. Bottom 2 buttons stop working. I'm using a scene layout with bottom right (2) buttons programmed to bypass certain FX. Power cycle always seems to fix it. It did it once about a week ago but happened 3 times tonight. AF3 with FW 11.0 as shipped to me about 10 weeks ago

I've got shows to play this weekend - might to take my Marshall JVM rig.

Posted in another thread too

My FC12 is doing the same thing. Bottom 2 buttons stop working. I'm using a scene layout with bottom right (2) buttons programmed to bypass certain FX. Power cycle always seems to fix it. It did it once about a week ago but happened 3 times tonight. AF3 with FW 11.0 as shipped to me about 10 weeks ago

I have the same problem- for awhile- and the Fractal team are working on it. Seems to be a software issue. A good idea to put your own support request
in.
I did a big gig recently and was able to remap my key functions away from the ‘broken’ buttons. Gig went great, although I had to be careful what I pressed.

Thanks Guitarmanmm - If it doesn't progress to more buttons, I can play shows after a little remapping

I submitted a support request

Curious do you have hold functions on those buttons as well? I noticed the ones I was having issues with had hold Functions on them as well. I removed those and didn’t have issue the rest of the night

Curious do you have hold functions on those buttons as well? I noticed the ones I was having issues with had hold Functions on them as well. I removed those and didn’t have issue the rest of the night

No hold functions on these buttons - block bypass programmed on them. The odd thing is that it's 2 specific buttons and all others work just fine. The other buttons do scene changes. I can play shows with it as long as it doesn't progress to other buttons.

The last few weeks I’ve been running into an issue where buttons on my FC12 will stop responding while others still work fine. It isn’t always the same buttons. The issue happens two ways either the scribble strip for the button will freeze highlighted as if it is stuck being held down. Or the button on the FC will look like it is working perfectly but the effect on the AFXIII will not actually engage/disengage. Either way disconnecting then reconnecting the XLR will fix it temporarily.
I have tried a new XLR cable, and made sure that both the FC and AFXIII are on the latest non Beta release but the same issue is occurring. Any suggestions? I imagine I may need to restore something but can’t decide if it’s the FC or the AFXIII that is the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Noticed the same thing at about the same time frame, however its my bottom left switches....

Sounds as if they've identified an issue and are working a fix as described in the other FC12 thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ns-not-functioning-but-light-up.158152/page-2

Back
Top Bottom