FC-12 failure - blank LCDs

Conley Shepherd

Experienced
Just updated to fw v7 for the AF3.

I rebooted and everything came up as expected, patches change, scenes change, layouts changed as expected.

I then pressed my stand in switch that goes between layout 7 and the looper. When pressing the looper for a couple seconds the entire fc12 LCDs went blank. They were still lit, but no writing. I was able to navigate through the layouts, I am presuming since no writing could prove it, but zero writing in the LCDs.

I reboot and not able to repro the issue. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me.

Putting this out there in case anyone else runs into it.

the latest and greatest 1.09
Can you upload your "System + Global Blocks + FC" backup from FractalBot, please? I'll see if I can reproduce this in the morning.

Sounds similar in symptom (blank LCDs) to the stand-in switch issue on the v6 firmware. Did it occur on v6?
For this issue the FC was switching to a layout with completely unassigned switches (the per-preset layout from the defaults). This is likely something else.

For this issue the FC was switching to a layout with completely unassigned switches (the per-preset layout from the defaults). This is likely something else.

I thought it might be - that's why I said it sounded similar in symptom (blank LCDs). :) The cause could be something else.

here is the backup and thanks!
Thanks for the backup! Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this so far. You don't have any Per-Preset FC switches configured by chance, do you?

Also, next time this happens, if you have the opportunity, please check the Current Layout for the FC (HOME -> SETUP -> FC Controllers -> Devices tab). Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom