FC-12 changes not being saved

Hi all, new to the Axe FX world here
I am assigning / changing settings on my FC-12 to how I think I will use it live i.e scenes within a preset and following a logical order
I'm editing these changes via Axe Edit
However,, even after saving these changes, the FC-12 reverts back to the setting prior to my editing
For some reason it's not saving my changes
There's obviously something simple here that I'm missing?

Hi all, new to the Axe FX world here
I am assigning / changing settings on my FC-12 to how I think I will use it live i.e scenes within a preset and following a logical order
I'm editing these changes via Axe Edit
However,, even after saving these changes, the FC-12 reverts back to the setting prior to my editing
There's obviously something simple here that I'm missing?
Not super helpful I know, but it worked for me the times I've done this.

At what point are they reverting to what state?

How are you “saving” these changes? There’s no need to save FC edits. They take effect immediately.

I'm still not getting it for some reason: let me give you an example .....
I've created a number of custom Presets
I go to Layout 1 and select a custom Preset
Then, using Master Layout Menus, I select "Scenes" for my selected Preset
Then using Axe Edit, I change the order that the Scenes appear on the FC-12 as I've named them Intro, Verse, Chorus etc
Everything is fine up to this point until I do exactly the same thing with a different Preset.
When I return to my first preset, none of the changes that I made earlier have been saved, and in fact some scenes are missing
It's probably something really simple I'm missing?

I'm still not getting it for some reason: let me give you an example .....
I've created a number of custom Presets
I go to Layout 1 and select a custom Preset
Then, using Master Layout Menus, I select "Scenes" for my selected Preset
Then using Axe Edit, I change the order that the Scenes appear on the FC-12 as I've named them Intro, Verse, Chorus etc
Everything is fine up to this point until I do exactly the same thing with a different Preset.
When I return to my first preset, none of the changes that I made earlier have been saved, and in fact some scenes are missing
It's probably something really simple I'm missing?
You have eight layouts. If you edit a switch and change what scene it pulls up, you've changed that switch for every preset that uses that layout.

The way you get around that is to assign a per-preset function to that switch. A per-preset function will only change that switch's function for that one preset, which is exactly what you're asking for.

You have eight layouts. If you edit a switch and change what scene it pulls up, you've changed that switch for every preset that uses that layout.

The way you get around that is to assign a per-preset function to that switch. A per-preset function will only change that switch's function for that one preset, which is exactly what you're asking for.
Many thanks Rex ...alot to learn !

Back
Top Bottom