favourite IRs with a JTM 45 - treble or jumpered

phil92

Experienced
shoot!

I'm finding it too woofy and fizzy for my taste at volumes 8 and above. Maybe the amp just isn't for me...

so here's 2 minutes of pointless noodling. It's pretty much as good as I can make this amp sound. Not saying I'm not having fun with this one:
it's all good if you tough lightly, but bring in the bridge pickup and roll up the volume and it just gets too fizzy for my taste. You can still make it sing though. I don't know maybe I'm obsession over nothing

shoot!

I'm finding it too woofy and fizzy for my taste at volumes 8 and above. Maybe the amp just isn't for me...
They are inherently woolier than a lead spec 1987/1959 Plexi. Turning the bass down to zero, pushing up mid/treble/pres and lowering the normal channel volume may help more than changing IRs, if you haven't already tried that.

I think your settings sound great. JTM45's are supposed to be wooly on the low end. Try Factory 1, 804. And check out Leon's amazing video on the JTM45:

here's the revised preset, I kept the old amp settings in channel A. Picked a nice Ownhammer IR in the fourth slot, but originally used a blend between 4 x12 Marshall GB R121 D from the wellspring pack in slot 2 and the 4 x 12 AX GB 57 H in slot 3.

Have a go!

Attachments

• Marshall JTM 45 jumpered.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom