Favorite underrated 80s riffs?

I'm the one VH groove shuffle with loads of licks that coupled blues with shred.
Warren DeMartini -catalog of killer phrasing and legato shredding
Steve Vai with DLR and Whitesnake
Vivian Campbell 'Holy Diver' solo killer modal shredding

I put Steel Panther's solos up there with anything that came out in the 80's live he nails them. Their comedy factor makes them so much more entertaining than most bands you see live. Watch the 'Wacken' festival on you tube. They even win over the obvious death metal crowd with their humor and playing!
yes! +1 for Steel Panther! only band I've seen 4 times, they never disappoint :D:cool:

Rocco - Not what I listened to either in the 80's but thats OK. Your playing is top notch and the sound...well, that is one of the tightest tones I have heard when looking for that type of tone.. I mean everyone looks for OD, crunch, dist, whatever you want to call it. But that sound is so "channeled" Just tight, tight, tight without sounding overly compressed or anything....Great job Man
thanks man!

A few of my favorites are Vince Neil/Steve Stevens - Exposed. 80s licks all over that record and it sounds incredible too. And one of my all time favorites is Lillian Axe - Love & War. Operation Mindcrime is in my top 5 too! I like it all but those three are always on heavy rotation

Back
Top Bottom