Favorite IR(s)

jamesblonde

I'm curious to see (and hear) what everyone's favorite IRs are. I keep finding myself gravitating toward Leon Todd's LT TV Mix 2 IR but I want to try getting some tones with some of the factory IRs in the Axe-FX III. So far, I really enjoy the 5150 Factory 2 #340. I use that with the Friedman HBE V3 with minimal tweaking and it sounds amazing both through my studio monitors and my band practice rig. Great for high-gain rock chugging. Please drop your favorite Factory cab and its number below! I could also use some recommendations for clean/shimmery IRs as I like to play everything from Metallica to dream pop/shoegaze.

Hey there,
I just cant decide which one is good enough, there is allways one better.....
I tried to find a good one that gives a clear and solid Mesa sound with a C++.
I played a looper track and then click, click, click trough all directory's, but i have no idea how to do this correctly. Use the standard IR setting as it is, or tweak it?
I did use CAB1 = left IR and CAB2 = right IR and then both active. Slightly adjust the align a little so the are some ms off. Sometime the next day it sound like crap due to fresh ears lol, and the proces starts all over again.

I like the Ownhammer and the York Audio IR, but can't name a specific one.
Much to choose from, but i understand your post here. Which one do these pro's use :)

20210603_230500.jpg

Last edited:
I'm curious to see (and hear) what everyone's favorite IRs are. I keep finding myself gravitating toward Leon Todd's LT TV Mix 2 IR but I want to try getting some tones with some of the factory IRs in the Axe-FX III. So far, I really enjoy the 5150 Factory 2 #340. I use that with the Friedman HBE V3 with minimal tweaking and it sounds amazing both through my studio monitors and my band practice rig. Great for high-gain rock chugging. Please drop your favorite Factory cab and its number below! I could also use some recommendations for clean/shimmery IRs as I like to play everything from Metallica to dream pop/shoegaze.
All the new York Audio IR’s

The ones that I‘ve been using the most are the York DV77 2x12, and a blend of the York Bogner and M25 packs. I’m also having fun with the Alnico Cream IR that he shared for free here.

My new discovery is York Audio Friedman 4x12. I LOVE the M25 mixes with 6505+ and Blodutone Ojai. Farewell Vintage 30 :)

I use this on 95% of all patches and scenes. CK Brit TV SM57 A1_XL.syx. I believe it is something I got from ML Sound. Anyways it does it for me.

Went through over9000 thousands of IRs. So far Mendel's IRs are the best for me. Also they are mix ready, it saves a lot of time.
And yes, York Audio the best isolated IRs if you need that, imho.

Every time I find a great IR or IR combo, I put it up against a combination I found that @austinbuddy put together in one of his Naked Amp presets. It almost always wins out. The nice thing is it's all factory IRs.

1623157475814.png

Bman is there any thing special done in the Preamp/Room/ Align side of that IR mix? So far for me the OH IR's are getting used the most only because they have the quick start file which eliminates some of the option paralysis

Back
Top Bottom