Favorite amps for Strats?

Favourite amp for Strats for what? Blues trio, 80's Pop gig, 80's Hair Metal gig, 90's Grunge gig... The list goes on, as do the list of amps that work with a Strat-type guitar.

Another fun modification is to bump the master volume trim to 2. Gives you more gain in the poweramp and sounds great!

I do this often on the ac20 and on the double verb.

Last edited:
The Morgan AC-20’s (all of ‘em), literally almost any of the early Fenders (for me the Vibtoverbs AA or AB), JTM and about a thousand others.

I’m currently in the process of rebuilding my main kitchen sink preset. I started with making the switch to dynacabs, and now everything is on the table and I’m trying new amps. My main guitar is a single coil strat and I tend to gravitate towards edge of breakup, but also need clean and mid gain (which I’ve generally achieved with a pedal into an EOB amp).

What are your favorite amps/cabs/pedals for strats and tips for dialing them in?
DC-30...which I must really like the sound of, because that was my go to with the Helix, as well.

I've had the axe fx for 15 years (yikes) and been through all of them. If I had to choose one, it would be the Vibroverb. I'm using The Ownhammer Vibroverb IR's.

Others that have been great for me is the Princetone AA964, Swart, and the Carr Rambler with the dynacabs is just amazing.
Using the exact same config - Vibroverb (AB) with Ownhammer VV IR. Just glorious.

Was also gonna say the Brown Super with input boosted. And the Tweed Deluxe is just the sound of a lot of rock from the 70s-90s that I love.

I’m currently in the process of rebuilding my main kitchen sink preset. I started with making the switch to dynacabs, and now everything is on the table and I’m trying new amps. My main guitar is a single coil strat and I tend to gravitate towards edge of breakup, but also need clean and mid gain (which I’ve generally achieved with a pedal into an EOB amp).

What are your favorite amps/cabs/pedals for strats and tips for dialing them in?
Strats and Fender tweeds are designed for each other. The first Marshalls are basically a tweed Fender bassman with UK components. Common knowledge.

Marshall Super Lead 100 (1959) sounds delicious with single coils, been listening to Graham Coxon from Blur and he uses a tele with 2 of these amps, tried it with my strat and it's creamy, jangly heaven, takes pedals really well too.

Back
Top Bottom