Favorite Amp Model For Chicken’ Pickin’?

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
I’ve been exploring a lot of country-style licks the past few weeks in order to get out of my comfort zone of 80’s Hair Metal, Glam Rock, Progressive, snd Shred.

I find a studio compressor into the Mr. Z MZ-38 with a slap back delay and studio reverb get me to chicken pickin’ land pretty quick.

What are some of your favorite models (and cabs and effects if applicable) for a good pop and snap tone? Do you like a little dirt or a pristine clean with lots of headroom?

a lot of the country guys are using
the boutique amps Matchless DrZ
/13 , Carr
but one big fav in Nashville is apparently the Archon clean w bright on
slap back , springverb, comp and a clean boost are the main components in most rigs
Archon? Wow, who would have thought. Paul ought to offer the clean channel of that amp as a separate offering.

I’ve been exploring a lot of country-style licks the past few weeks in order to get out of my comfort zone of 80’s Hair Metal, Glam Rock, Progressive, snd Shred.

I find a studio compressor into the Mr. Z MZ-38 with a slap back delay and studio reverb get me to chicken pickin’ land pretty quick.

What are some of your favorite models (and cabs and effects if applicable) for a good pop and snap tone? Do you like a little dirt or a pristine clean with lots of headroom?
Would love the preset you have for this

Archon? Wow, who would have thought. Paul ought to offer the clean channel of that amp as a separate offering.
Haven't tried it for country, not there much these days, but Archon Clean is wonderful just as a clean amp in general. The amp might be meant for high gain maybe, but that clean is great.

For chicken picking also have a look at Doug Seven's site. Good vidéo in the free stuff there.
Also check Burg's twin patch. There's a scène with a bit of drive that does the job quite well. Don't remember to have it seen in FM3 or Axe III version but you van copie the parameter settings from fractool.

Check out some of @Cainer 's posts, here's a taste of some of the models preferred:

For me it's the:
Those be my faves for dah pickin'.

I use the AC-30 it’s awesome... Cleans up perfectly and gets gritty with the Volume knob....

So I was messing around with the 5F8-Tweed model today and decided to read up on @yek’s amp guide entry:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ans-59-high-power-fender-twin-amp-5f8.111123/

I came across a few posts from fellow forum members and decided to give their settings a try:

Here are Keith's settings from the amp guide translated for the Fractal

View attachment 36407

I hadn't read Yek's hints yet and thought the stock #20 was too dark, so I like #21 Double Verb R121 mixed with #102 4x12 Basketweave AX Mix. I'll have to go back and try just the #20 with more treble and presence.

try 20 and 21 together

And I’ll be dammed if I haven’t found the spankiest, poppiest, tone thus far. The above settings and cabs, with the Studio FF Compressor 1 up front (dialed to taste), and I swear the 10” driver in my Matrix FR10 sounds like it’s going to leap out of the cabinet every time I pop the D or A string. 😆

Back
Top Bottom