FAT mids and WAH! Alice in chains inspired rock. New OH Marshall

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
So, I was listening to Alice In Chains and it inspired me to make a clip kinda inspired by them.
I love the huge middy tones that Jerry Cantrell gets with his Friedman amps.

Also, Ownhammer's new super awesome Marshall CB V30 cab is coming out very soon in the next few days.
This cab makes for a heavenly pair with the HBE as it has huge mids, warm highs and thick lows.
I really think you should check it out because this cab has something special going on.

I also got myself an expression pedal for my new XL+ to use as Wah and such.
As this is an AIC tribute I felt I had to put some wah in there.
I usually like to use the cry baby model and tweak it a little bit to make the sweep wider and the overall wah sound a bit more mean and aggressive.

Oh yeah, and one of my other goals here was to make the bass sound MASSIVE.
A while ago I was watching a live show from AIC and I though the bass just sounded huge.
The OH bass packs contributes to the bass sound hugely and it brings massiveness to the whole mix too.

Anyway, here we go:

Last edited:
IMO consistently ,the best modern hard rock tone clips

Probably helps that i am a fan of Nickleback .lol but I am always excited to check out a new clip when you post and its never disappointing

Strangely enough, there's aren't many Marshall V30 IRs yet. Great to see OH fill that gap.

So, I was listening to Alice In Chains and it inspired me to make a clip kinda inspired by them.

Also, Ownhammer's new super awesome Marshall CB V30 cab is coming out very soon in the next few days.
This cab makes for a heavenly pair with the HBE as it has huge mids, warm highs and thick lows.
I really think you should check it out because this cab has something special going on.

I usually like to use the cry baby model and tweak it a little bit to make the sweep wider and the overall wah sound a bit more mean and aggressive.

A while ago I was watching a live show from AIC and I though the bass just sounded huge.
The OH bass packs contributes to the bass sound hugely and it brings massiveness to the whole mix too.

Anyway, here we go:

really good, friedman is THE AMP!

Last edited:

Anyway, here we go:

This sounds really solid! I have an Egnater modular preamp Dave Friedman modded with his BE/HBE and I hear lots of the same powerful and articulate mids in here. Great track!

Last edited:
What a day. OH Marshall V30, Quantum 2.01, and the start of the amp models threads. ;-)

These IR's are now some of the best I have purchased. Sound great with Marshalls and Marshall modded types. The Small box and Brit Silver love them. Just using the quick quide is worth the 9.99. They are the cats ass and I may not have to buy anymore ir's-yeah.

Out of curiosity which IR from the OH pack did you use on this one?
I went through them yesterday and picked out a bunch of my favorites, and I don't know if it was ear fatigue from going through all of them, but I found that I kept leaning towards 0 - 6 in each group because they were brighter sounding. Curious which one you picked for this as I feel i might be missing out not using some of those IR's from 6-10 that have a little less top end presence.

Anyway, here we go:

Sounds amazing, as was stated earlier, if you don't mind sharing which IR you used, that would be great! Just picked up the pack

Back
Top Bottom