FASLINK II Rack Panel Interface Tail For FC-6 & FC-12?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not? but I'm looking to add a FasLink II connection to my rack interface panel from the Axe III and the company over here in the UK that is going make me one for me know's that it's an XLR connection to either the FC-6 or FC-12.

My question is does it have to be a particular gauge of wire or cable used to carry the data and the phantom power from the axe III to the Rack Panel Tail?

Thanks guys

Paul

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not? but I'm looking to add a FasLink II connection to my rack interface panel from the Axe III and the company over here in the UK that is going make me one for me know's that it's an XLR connection to either the FC-6 or FC-12.

My question is does it have to be a particular gauge of wire or cable used to carry the data and the phantom power from the axe III to the Rack Panel Tail?

Thanks guys

Paul
Just use raw mic cable, and you’re good,

Just use raw mic cable, and you’re good,

Thanks for the reply Rex, the guys that are going to make the tail for me are asking if a 100ohm cable is going to be ok for the tail interface? And then suggested using an AES 110ohm cable for the interface tail. It's not something I'm familiar with to be honest. I was under the impression it was a normal XLR cable so it should be the same from the axe to the interface panel.

I'm sure I read somewhere on the forum that as long as it's up to a 1A cable it should be fine?

Thanks for the reply Rex, the guys that are going to make the tail for me are asking if a 100ohm cable is going to be ok for the tail interface? And then suggested using an AES 110ohm cable for the interface tail. It's not something I'm familiar with to be honest. I was under the impression it was a normal XLR cable so it should be the same from the axe to the interface panel.

I'm sure I read somewhere on the forum that as long as it's up to a 1A cable it should be fine?
I think 110-ohm cable will work. I know mic cable will work. Ask the guys who are making the tail wheather they would use 110-ohm cable as a mic cable. If the answer is anything other than “of course!”, have them use mic cable. In fact, have them use mic cable anyway. It’s known to work.

Back
Top Bottom