Fasbundle separate purchased songs

You need to move past this fact. We’re going in circles here. As I said earlier:

We are telling you the answer in both threads but I think we’re getting hung up on a preset containing sounds for more than one song.
Fine, how do I delete the "name" of a scene ?
Also understand I am thinking too of how I will set up the FC-6.
I don't want errant songs in one songs presets.

Are you using Axe-Edit? If so, click the Scene Name, clear it, and save the preset.
You can re-name presets and scenes easily.

Check out the SCENE MANAGER in Axe-Edit.

Here's a video showing how I would do it. It's a bit like saving one book into copies and then deleting various chapters, moving what's left to the front of the document. (PS: You can't drag and drop but you can swap and copy.)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p3tz...pies.mp4?rlkey=8guixln2a49pl1mzect0y4rgj&dl=0

Go back and forth between the PRESETS and SCENES layouts on the FC when you're done.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTI
the FC6 default Layout 2 is ready for Scenes 1- 6. change to Layout 2 and use them.

you can assign Preset up and down to Hold functions on switches 3 and 6 to get rid of the FC7 requirement, or you can use Stand-In switches to assign Preset up and down there.

i described this in your other thread.

Ok will work on it now. Rather keep my switches on tap when possible plus I have a bunch of these Boss switches.

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate the help.
I am not trying to be complicated.
Somehow we are not on the same page and I am getting hung up on my pre-conceived ideas on how it works.
I can only go by what equipment I have had in the past.

Now I will give it a shot. If it works it is four albums worth I have to set up.

i think 2 opposing forces are at work here LOL.

the workflow of the previous gear, and the workflow of the person who made the presets. what is missing (naturally) is the experience of using this current gear (the axe) since you've just started. it's why it feels so difficult or confusing at this time.

but rest assured the workflow you want is basically there now, just need to recognize the terms we're using (like Preset and Scene) and what they do. it will click soon, don't worry!

Ok, simple enough. The deleting unwanted scenes is working.
I figured right clicking on a scene was just a name edit and not a delete.
Like they say, never assume.

--------------------------------------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, never assume, this didn't work either.

Last edited:
Ok, simple enough. The deleting unwanted scenes is working.
I figured right clicking on a scene was just a name edit and not a delete.
Like they say, never assume.
It is.

You can't delete scenes.

As mentioned in your other thread, all presets have 8 scenes.

How many you choose to use or name, they are all still there.

It is.

You can't delete scenes.

As mentioned in your other thread, all presets have 8 scenes.

How many you choose to use or name, they are all still there.
I am about to give up. As I was deleting the scenes in AXE EDIT I looked back at the AXE FX and the scenes I deleted were gone.
But since you said that I checked again and they are back.

I give up. I have been on this all day today and half of yesterday. I have gotten nowhere.

Why can I not delete scenes out of a copy?

You cannot delete scenes. All presets contain 8 scenes whether you name and use them or not. Just clear out the name of the scenes you don't want and save the preset. All the settings will still be there. Just ignore any scenes that have a blank name.

Scenes do not "contain" blocks or parameter settings. The blocks and parameter settings are there for all 8 scenes. The only thing each scene "contains" is the bypass state of each block, the selected channel of each block, the OUT block level setting, and a few other controller settings. That's it. There's no such thing as an empty scene. You just ignore the ones you don't need.

Did you watch the video I made you?
Did you save each preset after changing its scenes?

You cannot delete scenes. All presets contain 8 scenes whether you name and use them or not. Just clear out the name of the scenes you don't want and save the preset. All the settings will still be there. Just ignore any scenes that have a blank name.

Scenes do not "contain" blocks or parameter settings. The blocks and parameter settings are there for all 8 scenes. The only thing each scene "contains" is the bypass state of each block, the selected channel of each block, the OUT block level setting, and a few other controller settings. That's it. There's no such thing as an empty scene. You just ignore the ones you don't need.
My OCD will not allow that.
I hit save when I was in the preset manager but I didn't hit save when I cleared the name.
Will now try that.
Wow, what a rollercoaster I have been on today. I want off, I feel sick.

No apology necessary. It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon and you just are keeping me from enjoying ... VACUUMING MY OFFICE FLOOR? Yeah.

Happy to help, honestly, It's what we try to do.
I really just told my wife it is a beautiful day and I have been inside all day doing this.
Now to start over and try again.

I really just told my wife it is a beautiful day and I have been inside all day doing this.
Now to start over and try again.
load one of the purchased presets
think of what song you'll use with it
rename the preset to that song title
look at the scenes included
think of the ones that do not match the song
click each Scene number to load one that doesn't match, click the Scene title to highlight it, press delete on your keyboard, SAVE the preset
repeat for other scenes that do not match.

assuming you have the default FC layouts till, change to Layout 2 for all the Scenes. use Axe-Edit to change presets for now.

we're trying to go from 0 - 100 in one sitting. we should go slowly and take it a step at a time.

load one of the purchased presets
think of what song you'll use with it
rename the preset to that song title
look at the scenes included
think of the ones that do not match the song
click each Scene number to load one that doesn't match, click the Scene title to highlight it, press delete on your keyboard, SAVE the preset
repeat for other scenes that do not match.

assuming you have the default FC layouts till, change to Layout 2 for all the Scenes. use Axe-Edit to change presets for now.

we're trying to go from 0 - 100 in one sitting. we should go slowly and take it a step at a time.
Its all good now. He named all of the scenes to correspond to the song thankfully.
Just forgot to save after clearing unmatched scenes.
Going good now.

As soon as I am done with these I will try my hand at setting up the FC-6.
Do you know if I can move the remaining scenes up to starting at 1 in the scenes list?
OCD reasons and maybe easier when setting up the FC-6?

Yes, you can copy scenes to other scenes in the same preset. So for example you can copy scene 7 to scene 1. You cannot however copy scenes between different presets.

As soon as I am done with these I will try my hand at setting up the FC-6.
Do you know if I can move the remaining scenes up to starting at 1 in the scenes list?
OCD reasons and maybe easier when setting up the FC-6?
You SHOULD do that! OCD is not a bad thing if it makes life easier later while you are singing, playing, and having fun.
Exactly HOW to do that is in the video I sent you. In case you missed it, here is the link again:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p3tz...pies.mp4?rlkey=8guixln2a49pl1mzect0y4rgj&dl=0

It can be a little confusing at first, but scenes are not stand alone entities. They are basically just one of 8 different saved grid states for each preset. They only set the bypass state and current selected channel of each block on the grid, plus a few other features like scene controllers and scene levels which you can learn about later.

One way to think about it would be like a traditional pedalboard rig. The preset and grid would be like your whole rig. The blocks would be like your individual pedals, amp, cab, etc. Each block has different channels kind of like how an amp might have different sets of knobs for each channel. Scenes would be sort of like the saved states of a programmable loop switcher to control which pedals or amp channels were active or not.

Back
Top Bottom