Fasbundle separate purchased songs

That is what I was just figuring.
The tune DOGS has 5 song parts.
So make 5 copies just for dogs but make sure I have each different scene loaded before saving?
So now I will have 5 presets just for this one song.

I WAS looking at it more like a folder tree.
Folder=song (PRESET)
Files in folder= song parts (SCENES)

-------------------------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------

This didn't work either.

Last edited:
Did the preset vendor include a setlist? If so, you can use the Setlist feature to navigate through songs and parts of songs the way you want to.

So make 5 copies just for dogs but make sure I have each different scene loaded before saving?

Folder=song (PRESET)
1 preset per song. A scene for each part.

No, just folders with the packs.
Then you’ll have to do it this way:

1) Copy the preset to another location.

2) Name this new copy with the song title.

3) Rearrange the scenes to make Scene 1 be the first part of the song, Scene 2 the second part, etc.

4) For any left-over scenes that aren’t part of the song, delete their scene names.

5) Save.

Reactions: JTI
load the presets that have multiple “songs” within them into multiple preset slots.

Rename the preset to whatever song you want to call it. Delete the name of Scenes that aren’t for that song. Only go to the scenes that have names.

Reactions: JTI
Why would somebody pack more than one song in one slot?
I have 4 albums of this.
Hi @Alongfortheride
I think when you say "Slot" you mean "Preset"?
I think when you're saing "Songs" that looks like "Scenes" to me.

I think the person you bought these presets from must have a guide or a read me.
In the meanwhile, check out page 9 in the Intro to the owner's manual: Intro to Scenes and Channels.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

You can switch Presets and Scenes with your footswitches using the factory layouts on the FC. OR, if you learn a bit about the newer SETLIST/SONG feature, you can use the presets/scenes that you purchased to lay out songs right on the FC.

Hi @Alongfortheride
I think when you say "Slot" you mean "Preset"?
I think when you're saing "Songs" that looks like "Scenes" to me.

I think the person you bought these presets from must have a guide or a read me.
In the meanwhile, check out page 9 in the Intro to the owner's manual: Intro to Scenes and Channels.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

You can switch Presets and Scenes with your footswitches using the factory layouts on the FC. OR, if you learn a bit about the newer SETLIST/SONG feature, you can use the presets/scenes that you purchased to lay out songs right on the FC.
If these things can be packed up, cant I unpack them?

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2024.06.08 - 14.33.07.68.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2024.06.08 - 14.33.07.68.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 13
If these things can be packed up, cant I unpack them?
It isn't like that. There aren't folders, as you imagined it. Nothing is packed up.

A preset is like a rig. Amps. Cabs. Effects. A finite set of gear wired up in a fixed way.
A scene is that rig with certain things turned on or off, or set to different channels. It's basically like a list of settings.
Set the amp to Clean and turn on the Fuzz.

You can't copy/paste scenes from one preset to another. What if the other preset didn't have a fuzz? Or a clean amp?

It looks like that author created very few presets to cover a lot of material, with scenes inside those presets covering Songs or parts of Songs.
My guess is that this was done to be conservative with Preset memory. There are a finite number of Presets on any given unit. That's kind of an "is what it is".

I presume you have an FC controller. Do you know how to change it between switching presets and switching scenes?
Check out p. 13: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FC-X/FC6+12-Owners-Manual.pdf

If you have a gig or jam coming up, I would make a PAPER set list saying which preset and scene you need for each song.

DOGS : P5, S1
SHEEP: P5, S3

or whatever it is.

As you get deeper into the unit, you can look into using what you have to build exactly what you need. And we're here to help.

Making sense?

Last edited:

Folder=song (PRESET)

-------------------------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------

This didn't work either.
Why 5 presets? It has the scenes already. Load the preset, choose from the scenes.

It isn't like that. There aren't folders, as you imagined it. Nothing is packed up.

A preset is like a rig. Amps. Cabs. Effects. A finite set of gear wired up in a fixed way.
A scene is that rig with certain things turned on or off, or set to different channels. It's basically like a list of settings.
Set the amp to Clean and turn on the Fuzz.

You can't copy/paste scenes from one preset to another. What if the other preset didn't have a fuzz? Or a clean amp?

It looks like that author created very few presets to cover a lot of material, with scenes inside those presets covering Songs or parts of Songs.
My guess is that this was done to be conservative with Preset memory. There are a finite number of Presets on any given unit. That's kind of an "is what it is".

I presume you have an FC controller. Do you know how to change it between switching presets and switching scenes?
Check out p. 13: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FC-X/FC6+12-Owners-Manual.pdf

If you have a gig or jam coming up, I would make a PAPER set list saying which preset and scene you need for each song.

DOGS : P5, S1
SHEEP: P5, S3

or whatever it is.

As you get deeper into the unit, you can look into using what you have to build exactly what you need. And we're here to help.

Making sense?
Doesn't get any easier than that............nice! biggrin.gif

Yeah, it's a bit weird. Maybe you can get your money back.

Here's a guy who's well known around here. For 28 songs, he offers 28 presets. His work is excellent. (Bonus: I've seen him play on stage with Steve Vai!)

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/fm3-the-pink-floyd-pack/
I am extremely happy with the guys presets I already bought from.
Just because of how they are packed I should buy again?
This device should easily do the simple thing I need done.

How can this be so difficult with a device like this?
I love this thing but as versatile and configurable as it is I would have never figured in a million years I would get stumped with something so simple.

Yes but there are other songs and scenes in the same preset.
This makes no sense.
You need to move past this fact. We’re going in circles here. As I said earlier:
load the presets that have multiple “songs” within them into multiple preset slots.

Rename the preset to whatever song you want to call it. Delete the name of Scenes that aren’t for that song. Only go to the scenes that have names.
We are telling you the answer in both threads but I think we’re getting hung up on a preset containing sounds for more than one song.

Suicide Samurai GIF

Back
Top Bottom