FAS Modern V9.2 - Mayones 7

Love Mayones! I had a chance to buy this: 1 Regius 6 Claro Walnut - Mayones Custom Shop Gallery for 2k€ but didn't get it in the end. I'm pretty sure I can still get it if I want but dunno.. have sooooo many guitars already. :D

That sounds great and very djenty! Honky!! You've got a middle focused boost in front right?

Wow, thats a really nice one! Love the walnut top! I love mine man, its seriously fantastic. And the neck through body cant be beat IMO. The neck is so well tapered where it meets the wings too.

Yeah I have a mid boost happening in a few spots, but in small increments each step of the way. The patch is a pretty straight forward 'modern' metal style; gate, compressor, TS808 mod with a 2dB mid boost, FAS modern with low gain and a slight mid bump, and then a tone match cab that I made.

Actually, I gotta tell ya, I learned how to do the tone matching stuff with ozone by watching your youtube tutorial on it! I actually prefer that method over the TM block and had never really thought about it until I saw your tutorial. Very good videos man!

Nice! I'm glad you liked my video. :) Since that I've actually tried the TM block and I must say that the TM block is extremely quick and easy to use and it works. Still we ended up doing the matches on Ozone for my friend since we had some volume issues with the tone matched impulses. Low volume for some reason.

Amazing tone and mix! What dealer did you use to get your Mayones? I'm dying to have a Regius 7 and as soon as I sell my ESP Formula FR I plan to make it happen. I emailed a few places in the US. I'm just wondering where I can get the best price. 30% off MSRP sounds good but I'm not sure how much it's gonna put me out total yet. Care to share how much you gave for yours? I'd like to know if I will be selling one or both of my testicles.

Wow, totally impressed...Stellar mix, I'm gonna have to start following you on soundcloud! I have a question - that tone seems to be great for single note djent picking stuff. How does it do on chords?

I am curious about your song writing process... Do you lay down a drum track first and then just jam over that with guitar until you find a riff you like and then you write it down? Also, do you have a CD available? I seriously like your music more than 90% of the stuff I listen to everyday. Your songs inspire me to play guitar more and experiment with mixing. :razz

Thanks! Thats a huge compliment man. I dont have a CD finished yet but the demos of the tracks are on my soundcloud page. I think I'm going to be retracking them though since I found this new tone and drum sound. The other mixes dont sound really bad or anything, but they were never really supposed to be the end product.

I usually start writing by just playing for an hour or so to get warmed up and start finding the 'mood'. And then it can really start off with anything. If I have a guitar idea, Ill start with that and build from there. If its a drum beat I'll usually have some sort of riff for it in my head already and then its just getting it recorded from there. There are other times that its completely spontaneous and the song will write the entire thing itself, or sometimes Ill sit on a track for months and keep searching for what works and what doesnt. I force myself to not get hung up on anyone song though, so I'll generally have a few tracks I am working on simultaneously. Its keeps things fresh and I get inspiration from the other tracks I am working on also.

Wow, totally impressed...Stellar mix, I'm gonna have to start following you on soundcloud! I have a question - that tone seems to be great for single note djent picking stuff. How does it do on chords?

It works quite well. If anything I may throw a multiband comp right at the end of the chain to contain the low end on the chugs, but chords sound nice and fat and still cut through the mix.

Amazing tone and mix! What dealer did you use to get your Mayones? I'm dying to have a Regius 7 and as soon as I sell my ESP Formula FR I plan to make it happen. I emailed a few places in the US. I'm just wondering where I can get the best price. 30% off MSRP sounds good but I'm not sure how much it's gonna put me out total yet. Care to share how much you gave for yours? I'd like to know if I will be selling one or both of my testicles.

Yeah, by the time I was done it cost around $3,200. That was with the BKP's, so that cost a little extra. TOTALLY worth the extra money though.

It works quite well. If anything I may throw a multiband comp right at the end of the chain to contain the low end on the chugs, but chords sound nice and fat and still cut through the mix.

Cool. Would you mind sharing the patch? I cant never get the FAS Modern to sound beefy like this - my patches with it sound a lot more buzzy.

I can post the patch, but without the tone matched cab its not really going to sound the same. The amp is pretty much set to the default settings, plus a theres a 2dB mid-range bump on the amp. As soon as axe edit is ready I will be posting the patch itself, until then I'll post some pics of the settings and the signal chain on Monday when I get back from vacation. Ill also post a pic of the cabs EQ so you can see whats going on.

share the Cab Ir as well that's a great sounding patch for 7 string metal.
I'll have to revisit the FAS Modern, the Aftermath adds a lot too (I'm sure of it , my Holydiver equipped BRJ 7 has a unique sound to it)

Amazing sounding track, man! Great patch, great mix, great drum tones, great playing. Over the past year and a half, I've picked up the Axe, an EBMM JPXI-7, Superior Drummer 2.0, and a midi keyboard - and I thought I'd be making tracks like this by now. However, I just never could figure out the whole drum tracking thing. I have Garage Band and Reaper, and I finally kind of figured out how to get the DAW to recognize a default drum kit of some sort and got it to respond with the midi keyboard, so I could kind of start to write things out, but I could never figure out how to make custom drum patches and get good sounding drums, and therefore also never got very inspired to really learn how to track the drums intuitively. It's all just a huge, difficult, time consuming process that I never figured out. It's kind of a bummer too, because this kind of stuff that I write is sort of MEANT to be recorded and played along with the drum tracks, etc. It's not just simple riffs and songs that you can just jam without anything else. You kind of need to build it into something where you can finally play along with a complete drum/bass/guitar mix in the background and get the full effect. Anyway, maybe I'll try again. Your song definitely inspired me! I wish I could download your music somehow. Really good stuff, man.

Amazing sounding track, man! Great patch, great mix, great drum tones, great playing. Over the past year and a half, I've picked up the Axe, an EBMM JPXI-7, Superior Drummer 2.0, and a midi keyboard - and I thought I'd be making tracks like this by now. However, I just never could figure out the whole drum tracking thing. I have Garage Band and Reaper, and I finally kind of figured out how to get the DAW to recognize a default drum kit of some sort and got it to respond with the midi keyboard, so I could kind of start to write things out, but I could never figure out how to make custom drum patches and get good sounding drums, and therefore also never got very inspired to really learn how to track the drums intuitively. It's all just a huge, difficult, time consuming process that I never figured out. It's kind of a bummer too, because this kind of stuff that I write is sort of MEANT to be recorded and played along with the drum tracks, etc. It's not just simple riffs and songs that you can just jam without anything else. You kind of need to build it into something where you can finally play along with a complete drum/bass/guitar mix in the background and get the full effect. Anyway, maybe I'll try again. Your song definitely inspired me! I wish I could download your music somehow. Really good stuff, man.

I hear ya. Its definitely not an easy process to get everything done and sounding the way you envision, but its super fun! One of the most important things for me with writing is having good sounding accompaniment (ie. drum tracks to play along/bass/ect) while Im writing. It the drums/bass sounds mediocre, I don't get as inspired as much as I would if they sounded the way I hear them in my head. I use Steven Slates drum program to lay down all my drum tracks and its super easy to use and lets you load up your own drum samples into the patch. Its also got a ton of routing options and you can map the midi however you want. This way you can save a patch that you like and the midi values will match whatever you want them to on your keyboard. And I am def glad that I inspired you to keep at it! For me its incredibly rewarding experience and it makes me happy to hear that it has a positive effect for other people :)

Hey toolfanem, really inspirational tones here! Writing as well. :)
I've got a few questions: What amp/cab (if any) were you using while tonematching Gojira? I'm interested to see if I could experiment with some of the components. Also, after you made the IR and switched the amp to FAS modern, did you use the IR in conjunction with a cab/mic (if so, which?) or did you use it in place of a cab?

Thanks!

Excited to see those pics/patches.

Back
Top Bottom