FAS Modern III?

Yeah right, it's gonna take me at least two hours just to figure out how to use the new dynamic EQ, lol.

FAS Modern III is quite awesome!
To me it sounds kind of like a cross between a Recto and a MK Mesa amp.
It has the roar of a Recto with more defined low end and less woof.
It should be a great amp to get Metallica-ish tones!

That sounds interesting. Which current recto sim would you say it's most similar too?
I can't wait to try this later this week

That sounds interesting. Which current recto sim would you say it's most similar too?
I can't wait to try this later this week

None really, it has it's own thing going on.... still it obviously has that Recto vibe going on.
I would say it's more like the MDRN modes than the VNTG ones.

Ok just updated to 17...
FAS Modern III + CK USA Trad S57 A1 (w/Preamp: Modern) = Massive Tone Destruction.

The FAS Modern III is everything cool about the rectos without the flub. I mean, I lowered the low freq cut to about 80hz and it's still cutting, it just sounds HUGE. Fuck yeah!

Last edited:
Hey, any of you guys know which version of the Uberschall the Euro Uber is based on?

Sound like it try emulate Roadking or Roadster style tone then maybe.

It sounds like a great Mesa rig EQ'ed by a great engineer. Slays at loud volumes with no hassles or massive EQ tweaks.

Yeah, it's funny because the stock FAS Modern III sounded like my other recto preset after I was done tweaking it. So cool.

So, I got to demo the fas modern III at practice. Easily the best Recto type amp sim. Huge and tight low end. I found I like the low freq cut dropped to almost nothing at 10hz and instead I engage the "low cut" switch. It sounds great.

I can't wait for more FAS amps.

I am digging the low end. I'm currently trying to get the high end and presence to somewhere I'm happy with. It's got a bit of a blanket over the amp sound going at the moment for me.

I am digging the low end. I'm currently trying to get the high end and presence to somewhere I'm happy with. It's got a bit of a blanket over the amp sound going at the moment for me.

I feel the same way but if I've learnt anything from around here that's more to do with IR choice than amp setting ... this particular amp just needs a bright IR.

I feel the same way but if I've learnt anything from around here that's more to do with IR choice than amp setting ... this particular amp just needs a bright IR.

Nah. I've gone through a pretty extensive IR testing process with it. It's just not getting to the open top end that I have on my Recto patch. I'm sure I'll figure out what's missing eventually.

Back
Top Bottom