FAS-FX Reverb 1.1

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
We are pleased to announce the release of FAS-FX REVERB 1.1

Owners of version 1.0 can update to version 1.1 for free by downloading from their original order in our store. For an easy link, just click the Fractal Logo in your existing plugin version, then use the "Check for Updates" button. Or visit the MY ACCOUNT area at http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Articles.asp?ID=244

The plugin is also available for purchase in our store.

WHAT'S NEW
- Stereo Spring reverb algorithm
- Properties menu for "tagging" user presets
- Fixes for all known bugs
- And more...

FAS-FX Reverb is an exquisite reverb plugin which, in the continuing tradition of Fractal Audio Systems, puts sound quality above all else. Based on the highly-acclaimed Reverb algorithms from the legendary Axe-Fx II guitar processor, FAS-FX reverb takes quality to the next level*. By utilizing the full resources of your DAW the plugin can create some truly spectacular reverbs—from a whisper of natural ambience, to sophisticated real environments, to vintage springs and plates, to the dreamy infinity of space, you'll find it all here.

FAS-FX Reverb is remarkably easy to use, with features designed specifically for the way modern professionals record and mix. Our expert UI team worked with a pro panel of Fractal Audio endorsers, artists, engineers, and producers—including multiple Grammy winners—to define the ultimate reverb experience. Flexible, precise, and intuitive, it does exactly what you need while staying out of your way to avoid disrupting the creative flow.

Find FAS-FX REVERB at http://shop.fractalaudio.com/FAS_FX_Reverb_Plugin_p/fas-804-0001.htm

FAS-804-0001-2T.jpg

You guys have humor I give you that. Buy our hardware box so you can demo our software plug.

But seriously not really.

The plug is a true stereo reverb right? (I know - get two boxes).

And "re-amping" a fx channel in my daw with a hardware unit ... "to define the ultimate reverb experience. Flexible, precise, and intuitive, it does exactly what you need while staying out of your way to avoid disrupting the creative flow."

And a lot of the other features of plug - including the CPU-usage you don't get either.

But - nevermind - I see it is "out of stock" again :D

Last edited:
Still very interesting. But a demoversion of the plugin would be great. I would need to try it out against my other reverb-plugs in my DAW.

Which is why just about every other software/plugin vendor advises(warns) to try their demo version first. I'm all-in with Fractal and not a cheapskate by any means, but $200 is steep for something you can't get your money back on. It's not JUST about the sound, usability ranks high, and for me aesthetics count too.

You guys have humor I give you that. Buy our hardware box so you can demo our software plug.
I get why you want a demo version. I'm just saying that, in the absence of a demo version, if you happen to have Fractal hardware lying around, you can hear what FAS-FX Reverb sounds like.

The plug is a true stereo reverb right? (I know - get two boxes).
They're both stereo reverbs. The difference is that the reverb in the hardware sums the input to mono before it applied the reverb processing.

And a lot of the other features of plug - including the CPU-usage you don't get either.
Help me understand what you're saying.

I gotta say, this reverb plug is truly exceptional. I've got tons of reverb plugs from Waves, UAD, and a few others, and they've all become useless since getting FAS Reverb. It's great on vocals, drums, keys, bass, and (obviously) guitars. I really love taking a mono guitar track panned slightly to one side and edging in the reverb for a broader stereo image without cluttering the mix with more guitar tracks to fill the space. You have complete control over the frequency response and stereo spread to make things as warm, airy, subtle, or lush as you want. Highly recommended.

I might sound like a fanboy, but this thing really knocked me out. Definitely not a one trick pony.

The "Out of Stock" message was temporary. I had to take it down while version 1.1.1 was uploaded. It's there now. It includes a new component related to PACE activation.

Help me understand what you're saying.

Sorry - there were several words missing there:

"And a lot of the other features of the plug-in - including the CPU-usage you don't get an impression of either without a trying a demo (as opposed trying out the reverb on the hardware unit)."

My go-to reverbs are:

NI RC-48 for many diffrent reverb textures:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/effects/rc-48/download-demo/

And Waves Trueverb - especially the plates:

http://www.waves.com/plugins/trueverb#using-trueverb-for-creative-reverb-effects

Demos available of both of those plug-ins.

Last edited:
Owning the AxeFx XL+ does give me an idea of what to expect,

but anyone serious with DAW's and mixing already owns more than one reverb plugin.

I want to A/B against my existing plugs before laying down the cash. Drop it into existing sessions and do a serious A/B.

Sorry - there were several words missing there:

"And a lot of the other features of the plug-in - including the CPU-usage you don't get an impression of either without a trying a demo (as opposed trying out the reverb on the hardware unit)."
Thanks. I understand now.

One added feature of the plugin is that you can save reverb presets. You can't do that on the hardware unless you've got Axe-Edit connected. Otherwise, parameters are identical.

But I get that, with the hardware, you don't see the plugin interface. CPU usage is minimal.

My question is how someone who has been a member of the forum for over a year with has over 260 posts is somehow not familiar with the capabilities of the reverb block in a Fractal product.

Owning the AxeFx XL+ does give me an idea of what to expect,

but anyone serious with DAW's and mixing already owns more than one reverb plugin.

I want to A/B against my existing plugs before laying down the cash. Drop it into existing sessions and do a serious A/B.

This is reasonable. It is also not so easy to demo the AXEFX reverb on a drum track/bus ETC.. I'm sure it can be done, but probably more difficult than a demo of the plugin.

********* the audio demo's however do sound great. I sincerely hope this is another successful product line for FAS

Back
Top Bottom