FAS Crunch ... Anyone else experiencing this?

maschoff

Experienced
I was playing around with the FAS Crunch and after sitting for a bit thinking ... this happened ... ~@ 1:45 point.

It happened 3 times in a row and is repeatable. Anyone else experienced this?

I found this by hunting for the phantom distorted overtones that someone brought up recently. I would assume the patch is corrupted but would like to see if others can repeat this phenomenon.

Thanks, and sorry for the bad news.

No pedals this time Kriig :(

Thats sounds like a radio freq interference from somewhere
No, it only happens when you turn off the Fat, Brt and Sat, and drive down below what seems like maybe 1? Besides, it resets with the patch. I've gotten Mexican radio on my fuzzes before so I don't think it's that. :)

Yeah, just repeated this with drive at .99 and brt and sat of with fat on. Resetting amp block now ... will report back.

It looks like the boost needs to be on as well, I reset amp block. No dice, still happens. Tried another random amp model and could not get it to repeat on that amp. Was going to create a new preset but I followed the instructions in the wiki twice and no new preset was created ... turned axe off, held down recall button, turned axe on. I don't trust AE, so ... let me know if you can repeat this. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I don't know Chris. I just repeated it with a stock patch by changing the amp and adjusting drive to .99 and turning the boost on with sat and brt off.

You're right Thomas-Hawk ... I should have serenaded it :) ... next time, which I hope there is not, I will play a delightful tune with my feet while I turn the knobs on the axe, or vice versa, I suppose ... :)

What's going into your input 2 ? the leds on the right for input 2 are all lit up!

Ok, I won't hold my arm like that ... back to the good stuff :)

I am trying to understand this .So if i am following. you went looking for phantom frequencies that only will occur when the drive .is .99 the sat and bright are off but the fat is on. is this correct .Is it only on that one specific setting?
If gain is increased to 1. or 1.02 does it go away . Its strange but most users I doubt are going to be lucky enough to find that combo on their own

... You're right Thomas-Hawk ... I should have serenaded it :) ... next time, which I hope there is not, I will play a delightful tune with my feet while I turn the knobs on the axe, or vice versa, I suppose ... :)

Or, you could do us all a favor, and play a decent riff into the looper. Then your hands would be free to turn the knobs to your heart's content. I jest, I jest! ;)

Back
Top Bottom