Bug? "FAS Bass" Amp Model - Aliasing (I think)

deathbyguitar

Power User
I posted a clip of what seems to be aliasing at around 6-8k when using FAS Bass. Haven't heard it with any other amps so far. This clip was recorded with just my bass into the amp block, fully reset beforehand using firmware Quantum 10.01 on my Mark I. You'll need to turn your speakers/headphones up a bit to hear the artifacts.

Whatcha think?

Last edited:
Another thing I just discovered with the same amp. Switching to that amp model makes an audible blip sound. In the clip below I'm switching from FAS 6160 to FAS Bass and back again a few times.

I just used FAS Bass the night before last, sounded clean and clear to me...still probably the best sounding "bass amp" in the box, though I really like the AC-30 with a bass cab, but suggest keeping that path clean, as to my ear, it starts to sound flat and boxy on bass as it distorts ( though Billy Sheehan may like it, as that 80s Pearce SS amp he got L6 to port seems to distort in the wrong frequencies for bass too, IMHO :D ), so a good choice for your mids and highs if you want them clean but with a bit more character then a SS amp, works best with one of the bass amps handling the lows.

Back
Top Bottom