FAS and Artists

don't quote me but i was made aware of the following:

there was a guthrie govan model..
which was later revealed to be made by charvel..
cliff only found out after seeing guthrie with it at a gig.
word was that cliff wished him the best..

there will also be a pete thorn model...
which he will be make a demo on youtube...
which will for some reason sound better than your unit.

mark day will have a stripped down version with just three buttons:
- ridiculous gain
- a bit more
- a little bit of delay
it comes with a swivel mirror to practice facial expression.

don't quote me but i was made aware of the following:

mark day will have a stripped down version with just three buttons:
- ridiculous gain
- a bit more
- a little bit of delay
it comes with a swivel mirror to practice facial expression.

It also comes with 80 time-based effects.

... Ah. Read that wrong. "80s time-based effects."

The Keith Richards model (out this fall) brings a whole new twist to modelers with Fractals new "Used and Abused" aesthetics. Keith was quoted as saying "Yeah, it looks like it's been to hell and back but keeps swinging ya know.".

Inside sources reported that Keith would never utilize the Axe to it's fullest extent so with Keith's approval Fractal used his unit as a test bed for an upcoming line of products. Supposedly the new product line is based off of a single piece of hardware called the "Pocket Pal".

The "Pocket Pal" is about the size of an iPhone and allows the player to load one amp, one cab and up to three pedals (some guys like living on the edge) and go! The "PP" uses the same "G2 Modeling Technology" as the Axe FX line and can be loaded and configured with "Axe Edit" - Fractal's software configuration utility.

Supposedly only Keith's custom test bed model has a front panel that flips down to form a small shelf. Inside is a small mini bar and a "stash" drawer.

I heard there was a spinal tap model that was discontinued because it could update past v11.

It also came in "none more black", you could hear it's greatness without even plugging it in, had raga harmonies, had a speedometer on the front to measure how fast you were picking, and does not record in "doubly".

Reportedly the there are Continuous Controller setups for opening and closing pods as well as lowering and raising a replica Stonehenge onto the stage.

I heard they made one for Ritchie Blackmore, but when he got it he decided it was not worthy,
so he never tried it, and are now using it as a foot rest when playing ancient and arrogant avantgarde music.
The good thing is that the whole thing inspired him to make a new album which goes under the name "My shit don't stink"

;)

Hi,

What kind of relationships with artists or guitar techs do have FAS team ?
Do they ask for new features ?

1. Not sure, mine isn't great, I trouble shoot everything myself and almost never ask for help as it doesn't come from anyone at FAS. I might have pissed someone off at FAS though, I dunno. lol...
2. All the time, but techs cant speak for everyone. Scenes came from an idea by Steve Via or his tech.

I have a client who tours the world with an Axe-fx II and 5 or so Boss HM-2's because it has not been added, asked for over a year, and a huge thread to boot. NADA.
So to answer everything -
Kinda sometimes but not really.

1. Not sure, mine isn't great, I trouble shoot everything myself and almost never ask for help as it doesn't come from anyone at FAS. I might have pissed someone off at FAS though, I dunno. lol...
2. All the time, but techs cant speak for everyone. Scenes came from an idea by Steve Via or his tech.

I have a client who tours the world with an Axe-fx II and 5 or so Boss HM-2's because it has not been added, asked for over a year, and a huge thread to boot. NADA.
So to answer everything -
Kinda sometimes but not really.
...Hmmmm... I don't get this one... ;) :lol:

Clapton complain about axefx not being vintage enough. Cliff made a special Firmware that run VPA (Virtual Aged Process): several for( ; ; ) loops stress each virtual component to give you '70 vintage sound. The firmare, called Slow-ware, will be released as soon as VPA stops. ;)

Stephen Carpenter's signature model always seems to have smoke coming out of it for some reason, even though it's not overheating or anything.

The Joe Bonamassa signature Axe Fx model is a stolen Eric Johnson Axe Fx model.

The Eric Clapton Axe Fx model is based off of an Axe Fx Standard, beat to hell, and costs $20,000.

The Prince edition of the Axe Fx came in Purple, you couldn't pronounce the name of any of the presets and it had an extra knob the others didn't: "Super Funk".

Back
Top Bottom