FAS and Artists

The Billy Duffy of The Cult Axe FX2 edition unique model feature: whatever chords you play into it get transposed to either D, G, A, or E, because that is all the chords you'll ever need.

It's rumored that the new Willie Nelson signature model will include a Turbo Tax block. AE has been updated to disallow any input links to the block.

Last edited:
I also like the Pam Anderson model with the... dare I say it... big knobs?

The Charro model is interesting but everything comes out sounding like kootchy kootchy kootchy.

The Jeff Beck model lasts forever and just keeps sounding amazing. It sounds especially good when pared with a very young unit with... dare I say it... big knobs?

The George Harrison model only stays on for 2 1/2 minutes, but just nails the sweet spot. It also sells a lot of Gretch guitars on the side.

My Eric Johnson model sounds different with each outlet I plug it into, but it always sounds killer.

I think my Alvin Lee model is stuck.

Last edited:
The new signature model from the Black-Death Gitarrist Nergal from BEHEMOTH has several features:

1) All the letters on the display can only be read backwards
2) The only available Patch & Preset Numbers start and end with "6"
3) It has a fixed IMSB-Module directly connected to the DSP.......(IMSB = Internal Major-Scale-Blocker)
4) The chassis is brushed with the new "more-black-than-black" Colour, which consists of the following Color-Code: C= 100 %, Y=100 %, M=100 %, K= 300%
5) The display is black and all green LEDs were changed to Blood Red.

Last edited:
LOL - there's nothing/no-one sacred around here.

Reminds me of the BB King model that came out shortly afterwards.

Yep the BB King version only had a twin reverb amp, one cab and a wide auto vibrato that engages after max 5 notes in it's firmware.

Last edited:
One thing that wasn't mentioned about the John Mayer model and not many know.

As John ages he's noticing that he can't hit those painful looking facial expressions like he use to. As we all know this affects his playing. So he had Cliff develop "Face Buster" technology. This technology manipulates the grounding of the unit which causes a small electrical charge to occur when touching the guitar strings while simultaneously touching a microphone. Much like a bug zapper.

John had M@ program his Axe so "Face Buster" can be activated via an IA on the MFC 101 MKII. He also programed the MFC 101 MKII to control the amount of electrical charge via an expression pedal.

John has never sounded better!

I thought Eric Johnson model could only be powered with dying 9v batteries?

The Ace Frehley Custom Model - kinda looks and kinda sounds like his, but secretly has been modified by Tommy Thayer for years. Special outputs to release smoke and fireworks. No longer runs on AC power, it runs on Cold Gin. It's a pretty amazing model, but it isn't going to make it into the Hall of Fame (well at least not if Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons have any say about it.)

Following removed from the manual: "WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this appliance to rain or moisture." as you can't worry about that stuff and play "Shock Me" with any credibility/balls.

Fun fact - FAS almost went bankrupt trying to sell a special edition WHITE Angus Young custom model with images of cats eyes, nooses and hearses on the front. Cliff had to step in and shelf that one for a few years.
Well sir... for those about to rock... good news - it is back in black.

Reactions: yek
I heard there was a spinal tap model that was discontinued because it could update past v11.
It reportedly had a stealth block that prevented anyone from looking at it and killing its mojo.
Sadly the prototype was lost when the drummer spontaneously combusted on stage but no one really knows
For sure because the stealth block was on at the time

I heard Cliff added an extra page in the Amp block for Petrucci... apparently some parameters for adjusting the temperature of the sun. Also, dont forget the custom ultrares Petrucci cab IR, "V30 Ghandi Mix.syx". Maybe we can get John to post this? :D

Back
Top Bottom