Fanboy NGD Pending...

Sweet. Some pics when you get it?
If I remember when I get it on Thursday before 8:00pm (already got a FedEx tracking number!!) I'll definitely post pics. in the meantime, this is is highly representative (although without trem) of what I got:
Boden-OS6-Black-Rosewood-Front-990x990.png

I have been looking at these. Perhaps you would give a detailed "first impressions" review of the guitar? I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say about it. Let's hope the FedEx guy does not just toss it over your fence.

I have a Boden OS6 (no trem) and really like it. It doesn't take long to get used to the Endureneck shape and when you do, it feels very natural. They are also very light so no back or neck ache after a 2 hour solid set. I have used mine for function band work and also a jazz quartet. Gets some funny looks from the 'jazz police' but it sounds great and is easier to play than my Gibson 339.

Gets some funny looks from the 'jazz police'
I don't play out at all & I'm studying molecular biology anyway so I'm never really gonna be in a position where I'll have to give a rat's fuzzy butthole what anyone thinks of my playing or my tone or what my guitars or my rig look like. This is a hobby.

Congrats! I have my eye on a Boden OS6 Trem too! (Already own the OS7)
Well I hate to break it to ya homie but I'm 99% sure this was the last 6 string trem Boden in the U.S. inventory. Believe me the pickins is slim on the .Strandberg* website. There's a few 7- strings and two 8-string (fixed bridge obviously). There are also 9 strat-look (pick guard - I personally don't like the look) fixed bridge jobs.

It would appear they're trying to sell off their remaining stock and getting ready for the 2017 production run, which would seem to be limited.

The production run seems to be a one-time order for the year's stock from World Music Instruments (WMIC) in Korea. It's the same company that made my PRS SE-24, which is fantastic.

My advice would be to have your bucks ready to go for when they come back in stock again and jump when they're available. In order to get this one I had to get right with the idea of a black guitar, which wasn't my thing, but I made an exception in this case because it was literally the last one and I wanted me to have it and not someone else :D

Congrats! I have my eye on a Boden OS6 Trem too! (Already own the OS7)

I just realized you're in NYC. You can run out to Roslyn, go to Music Zoo and see what they have on hand.

Edit: They have 6 string Boden fixed bridge (Natural and Blue). They also have a Varberg trem (but that's $3,300.00 - Made in Sweden), a Singularity (Per Nilsson model) which is a trem. If you like the way the Singularity looks (black & red swirl - pick guard, 7 string) it's $1,400.

Last edited:
I just realized you're in NYC. You can run out to Roslyn, go to Music Zoo and see what they have on hand.
I'm not in a hurry, i might go for a newer 2017 model or look for an used OS6T later. It's just that i got the OS7 as my first seven string guitar and really, really like it! I also love my Les Paul and Strats... but you know how GAS can be!

Fanned frets are a total game changer. This thing feels so different but it's amazing. The lower strings are pitch correct but more tense so they don't flub around. The guitar was dead nuts on in tune right out of the box.
It's by far the lightest guitar I own. Probably the lightest guitar I've ever picked up. It's lighter than the than my Holdsworth HH2X. Way lighter than my cheap steinberger spirit.
The Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz - I really like 'em. The JB in the bridge is kinda hot but not too hot. The Jazz has all the warmz and likes finger chord comping.
The Endurneck profile is bizarre at first for sure - it's gonna take a minute to get the feel down.
The chambering sounds more aggressive than the HH2X but that may be because of the flat satin finish. It want to ring out and feed back on high gain presets. You know how some guitars resonate throughout the neck and body and sone don't? This one does. You can literally feel the neck resonating in your hands. IT'S ALIVE!
The neck seems really narrow to me and I have small hands. The frets are great, high quality fretwork.

To really make good use of the Endurneck profile I had to shorten the lenght of the strap. Found a comfortable seated playing position then adjusted the strap in a way that the instrument remains in the same position regardless of standing up or sitting down.
I still play my other guitars in a low slung rockstar style though.

Back
Top Bottom