Famous users of the amp modeling.

Dweezil Zappa

Devin Townsend

Periphery (Mark Holcomb and Misha Mansour)

Trent Reznor NIN

Justin Bieber’s guitarist Jules the Wolf

Weren’t there some bands like Ghost and Avenged Sevenfold using them live?…

Yeah Synister Gates is big on his AFX3 use.

I’d like to add in JB Brubaker of August Burns Red, I believe he uses one.

Dweezil Zappa

Devin Townsend

Periphery (Mark Holcomb and Misha Mansour)

Trent Reznor NIN

Justin Bieber’s guitarist Jules the Wolf

Weren’t there some bands like Ghost and Avenged Sevenfold using them live?…
Don't forget Jake Bowen, Petrucci's nephew and third Periphery guitarist. They all three use Fractal.

I tried to excitedly tell my local-producer friend about @Admin M@'s As I Lay Dying comment above since we're both fans, and he insists it's a misunderstanding of some sort, and that no band would use an Axe FX 3 if they had physical amps available in the studio. It's nonsense to him.

Anyone know how I can prove to him that big time artists are indeed using the Axe FX 3 in studio these days?

I tried to excitedly tell my local-producer friend about @Admin M@'s As I Lay Dying comment above since we're both fans, and he insists it's a misunderstanding of some sort, and that no band would use an Axe FX 3 if they had physical amps available in the studio. It's nonsense to him.

Anyone know how I can prove to him that big time artists are indeed using the Axe FX 3 in studio these days?
Sounds like he's a little clueless...

We all know how guitarist brains work. The curiosity seed has been planted, only a matter of time now. “Welcome to the forum, New Member.”

Pretty sure in one of those a7x studio vids gates talks about tracking with the fractal.

Ive used the fractal on my last 4 projects, my engineer doesnt even bother setting up cabs etc if Im booked, he knows Ill just be bringing my axe3 with presets ready for the tracks. They sound better than micing real amps 🤷‍♂️ If it didnt Id just use the amps or buy amps again lol

Last time I saw Brit Floyd, I believe most of the axe men were using Fractals. Excellent show, fantastic sound.

Back
Top Bottom