Famous Musicians You’ve Met?

Hung out with Toto, Steel Panther and The Darkness.

Also met Greg Bissonette and literally bumped into Jim Marshall when i was walking fown the road in Hunstanton.

Also hung out with Bernie Marsden for a while in a green room.

Last edited:
One of the encounters that I enjoyed most was with Spencer Davis (RIP). This would have been in the early 90's IIRC, and some friends of mine were hired by him to be the "Spencer Davis Group" for some shows in Chicago. In the afternoon before the show, we were all hanging out at the venue and he asked if we wanted some pizza. Sounded like a great idea so he ordered up a few. As we were waiting for delivery, he told us how back in the day, he and Bob Marley (RIP) were both on Island Records and they would often have overlapping studio slots at the preferred studios. The jaw dropping part of that was, he claims he saw Marley smoke about an ounce of weed every day before lunch! I can not even imagine how that would be possible, but fun story and adds to the Marley legend!!

I know I posted in this thread a while back, but reading my post I left out probably the best one-

96176CA3-40CF-4196-91E2-78AE4D3E5B0A.jpeg

Sevendust is one of my all time favorite bands and they hold a really important place in my life; in my 20’s I was a bit off the rails with drinking and Clint, the guitarist, would DM me back and forth via Twitter giving me advice and just uplifting words that certainly aided in me getting back on the rails. This pic is about 10 years old, but I was broke as a joke and couldn’t afford tickets to the show, so I went just to see if I could shake Clint’s hand and have him sign my JEM because he was such a help to me.

At this venue the bus has to park in the main parking lot in front of the venue, so I pulled up by the bus and just sat on the hood of my car playing guitar. Clint came out and we got to meet and have a quick chat, then Lajon rolled off the bus and came right up to me. This dude just has positivity beaming out of him. Like the kind of guy who can walk into a room and the whole mood changes to a better one. He asked if I was opening for them and I told him no, then he asked if I was at least going to the show and I sheepishly said “Man, I’d love to but I’m really tapped for cash right now.”, his tour manager was standing next to him and he goes “Bullshit. You’re coming tonight, how many tickets do you need”

I tried declining twice but he wouldn’t have it. “I’m not leaving until you tell me how many tickets you need. You’re coming to this show.” so I asked if it was cool if I got two, one for myself and my girlfriend. “That’s it, man?!?“ then told his TM to take down my info. When I showed up later I told the door guy “I should be on the list, my name is Drew”, and just like that we got in.

I’ve made it a point to support these guys as much as I possibly can ever since, buying every album (even though they just go in a box), shirts, tickets, whatever. These guys get it. They’re not rolling in dough and that $50 worth of tickets could have meant a meal or two out of their own pockets. I was truly touched by that.

Then after the show, I brought my band’s demo on a CD, Lajon saw it and goes “This your band? Gimme that!” and snatched it right out of my hands, handed it to his TM and said “Can you put this in my bunk please?” I never heard anything back, which isn’t surprising because that demo sucked. :D But it was cool as hell, nonetheless.

I met Thomas Blug at a guitar show once but had no idea who he was at the time. He may not be a Fractal user, but having watched him a lot on YT I think he is a cool dude with a lot of talent.

Back
Top Bottom