Fair Trade?

hallissyc

I have a guy offering me an AxeFx III Mk2 Turbo with road case for the following:

1) Mesa Boogie Lonestar 1x12 combo
2) HX Stomp
3) Eventide H90

I put my trade value at $2400. He wanted $2900 for his setup, but I value his setup at roughly the same as mine.

Fair trade? What say yall?

Can't speak much to your offer, but his for $2900 is way over what you would find on Reverb. Even $2400 is high for what he's offering IMO.
My thoughts:

HX stomp - $500
H90 - $700
Lonestar - $1200

Puts my trade value at $2400.

70% of $2500 is $1800 for the Axe, plus his case puts me in the black by a few hundred.

Sit down for a bit play the lone star by itself no pedals. Then decide. There is nothing wrong with having tube amps and an axe. If you still love the lonestar sell the pedals and save for an axe.

Sit down for a bit play the lone star by itself no pedals. Then decide. There is nothing wrong with having tube amps and an axe. If you still love the lonestar sell the pedals and save for an axe.
Can get a lonestar later - i’d take the trade.

Tell him to keep his road case and you keep the hx... if you really want to get close as possible to respective values.

...but if it were me I'd probably take the deal if it's local. I've seen a lot of Lonestars sit a LOOONG time on marketplaces for less than you're asking.

Tell him to keep his road case and you keep the hx... if you really want to get close as possible to respective values.

...but if it were me I'd probably take the deal if it's local. I've seen a lot of Lonestars sit a LOOONG time on marketplaces for less than you're asking.
I don’t search the used market or gear much in general. I might make an exception if Lonestar’s are sitting for sale.

I don’t search the used market or gear much in general. I might make an exception if Lonestar’s are sitting for sale.
Guaranteed to miss the good deals if you arent looking haha.

I see heavily modded or reissue superleads going for what i paid for my 75, and they sit. Some for over a year. Patience and hope I guess!

Guaranteed to miss the good deals if you arent looking haha.

I see heavily modded or reissue superleads going for what i paid for my 75, and they sit. Some for over a year. Patience and hope I guess!
I look at this this way. Four electric guitars. 8 tube amps two hybrid amps and one SS amp and now and axe fx. I need more amps and effect like I need another hole in my head! If I bought another amp my wife might add that hole!

Last edited:
I look at this this way. Four el twice guitars. 8 tube amps two hybrid amps and one SS amp and now and axe fx. I need more amps and effect like I need another hole in my head! If I bought another amp my wife might add that hole!
Sell the ones that arent so good ;)

This. I'd do the trade as long as you know you have to spend an additional $400-700 on a FC-6/12 (or other FS options) if you plan to gig.

edit: ....and amplification...fsfs, amp/cab.

I guess regarding the trade itself, in terms of being able to take your new gear and go jam, you will need to spend a lot more bread to do that if ya don't already own it, that other guy can just plug into his new gear and enjoy it. Considerations. Good luck, the AxeFx III is life changing. Latest beta firmware of v27 is God Mode Modelling. 🤘 🤘

Last edited:
This. I'd do the trade as long as you know you have to spend an additional $400-700 on a FC-6/12 (or other FS options) if you plan to gig.

edit: ....and amplification...fsfs, amp/cab.

I guess regarding the trade itself, in terms of being able to take your new gear and go jam, you will need to spend a lot more bread to do that if ya don't already own it, that other guy can just plug into his new gear and enjoy it. Considerations. Good luck, the AxeFx III is life changing. Latest beta firmware of v27 is God Mode Modelling. 🤘 🤘
Can definitely spend less on a controller, and “useable amplification” is cheap enough to get up and running ;) so maybe an extra $400 total.

Sounds like a fair deal, the only downside is having to buy the FC and powered speaker. Given how close the trade is probably better to look at it from the standpoint of what or why do you need it?

Back
Top Bottom