Factory Preset List

u182155

Hi there,

I am brand new to this and only got my Axe FX II last week. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a full list of the factory presets, ie name, description etc.

I anyone able to point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Dave

Changes with every FW release that they update the presets with.

Most of this is left to the community. Historically, it's not worth it (things change fairly quickly, guitars, styles are wildly different, etc.) But the beauty of this community is that you can create something yourself (dynamic online would probably work best), and invite contributions from folks here.

Hmm.

R

I cannot see it on Wiki...where is it ccroyalsenders?....can you link to it or post it please

I think it would be a most useful document & it should be provided with the banks download from fractal. Yes they change with updates, but its not that much of a job to just alter the names of the presets etc on the list, many of them remain the same anyway.
I would find it an extremely useful list to use just to pick up the 'goto' presets from the names...dont want to have to cycle through all of them everytime an update happens, so the list would be great for those of us with limited time to spend with the unit to go straight to 'likley' presets we think seem good
This is especially relevant right now, as we cannot use axe edit, I used to view the preset names in that to pick them, and will do that again once its up & working, but for now a list of all 3 banks would be a great thing to get me started

Thanks for the replies. I have to say obviously I purchased at the wrong time with the editor being incompatible until 2013. I have searched Wiki and there is certainly a list for the original Axe FX however cannot find anything for FX II.

Thanks for the replies. I have to say obviously I purchased at the wrong time with the editor being incompatible until 2013. I have searched Wiki and there is certainly a list for the original Axe FX however cannot find anything for FX II.

Just a thought, this is a good time to have gotten into it.
When I first got mine I did everything with axe edit, I never used the front panel.
Because of that I did not know how to use the front panel.
I have found living without ax edit to be a great learning experience.
I am forced to use and learn the front panel.
It is way easier than I thought, itisgreat knowlage to have.
I am much more comfortable using the axe a a gig or rehearsal.
Jump in and have fun, you will be glad you did.
Chris

Funny because the link that I posted right below your reply takes you directly to the Axe-FX II Wiki.

Am I being thick here? The OP asked for a list of presets didn't he, not a link to the wiki?

And the link on the wiki is to the Fractal support page where you can download the sysex bank files but not a list of presets originally requested.

FWIW I don't know where a list of presets can be found either. However, in the spirit of this thread, here is a link to a random webpage http://www.pfla.org.uk/pasture-fed-importance

Last edited:
You can use Axe Edit disconnected from the Axe-Fx II (so you don't have to worry about...) then import the new banks and print out the screen. This is the same method described in the Wiki.

Would be great to somehow get those into maybe an XLS spreadsheet - with a short summary of the patch - and maybe an indication of the amp and the key effects etc.

I don't mind working/collaborating on this if anyone can set up some sort of Google Doc ??.........even better if there is a way to export the data?

Would be a great "at a glance" guide document for suitable presets for a particular song!

Would be great to somehow get those into maybe an XLS spreadsheet - with a short summary of the patch - and maybe an indication of the amp and the key effects etc.

I don't mind working/collaborating on this if anyone can set up some sort of Google Doc ??.........even better if there is a way to export the data?

Would be a great "at a glance" guide document for suitable presets for a particular song!

I made such a list for the Gen.1 presets.

But Axe-Manage lets you see the amps and fx being used. Use the Details view.

Cheers Yek, spot on will just save those as pics on my iphone and voila easy to 'goto' promising sounding patches first.

On another note why are people so annoying?....doesnt even digest what it is we are asking for in thr thread, and posts a link to the wiki page, about as much use as hole in a parachute...then add to the mix a hint of smug sarcasm with:-
(Hint: I used "axe fx ii wiki" in a google search)

crikey very useful and friendly repsonse

Cheers Yek, spot on will just save those as pics on my iphone and voila easy to 'goto' promising sounding patches first.

On another note why are people so annoying?....doesnt even digest what it is we are asking for in thr thread, and posts a link to the wiki page, about as much use as hole in a parachute...then add to the mix a hint of smug sarcasm with:-
(Hint: I used "axe fx ii wiki" in a google search)

crikey very useful and friendly repsonse

There was no bad intent I guess. That Wiki page used to point to a list indeed, hosted elsewhere. But the list was outdated so I removed the link some time ago. Maybe people remembered that link on the Wiki page.
Also, the page does tell how to get a list of the most recent presets. Axe-Edit doesn't need to be connected to the Axe-Fx.
Anyway, the Wiki now contains the up-to-date list, so it's all good. :)

I had some time to kill so I created an Excel doc (see sig) from the current Wiki list, which looks to be valid for firmware version 9.xx.

I believe I read the preset list will change for version 10.xx, though.

Back
Top Bottom