Factory Cab Pre Rola Mix vs Factory Cab 58 CK TV Mix 1

Hubi

Experienced
FW 18B7 -Factory Cab Pre Rola Mix vs Factory Cab 58 CK TV Mix 1

I´m not shure, if I should buy Cab Pack 8...the Pre Rola sounds really good to me with the G3 Modeling.

So I made a comparison!

Two Rhythmtracks with the Plexi 100 W High (maybe the best in FW 18), one Track with less Gain (3), the other with Gain ab 5 and Midboost.

The Solosound also with Midboost and a Tubescreamer Mod.

Guitar was a Gibson Les Paul DC with Slash Humbucker.

The Pre Rola Mix:

The CK TV Mix 1:

I prefer the Rhythmsound of the CK TV, but the Solosound of the Pre Rola has got a lot of more colours to my ears.

Last edited:
I like both clips. Pre Rola sounds more EVH for some reason. I like it but in comparison it can be quite muffled to some ears. The pick attack and clarity of my TV is better IMO but I also like the first clip. TV sounds more "Brit". :)

Those mixes from Cab Pack 8 that Cliff made for FW18 are probably not how the Cab Pack sounds overall. I think Cliff only used one of the four speakers in that pack and the IRs have more lows than f.ex. the alloys I made so I assume there was a lot of R121 involved. :) I like the fact that they have the same clarity with other stock IRs but I tend to use brighter IRs myself since I'm a modern guy. :)

I definitely suggest you give them a try. To me it sounds like this is just the right Cab Pack for your genre.

Clark - not only a good guitarplayer and IR-Producer - also a good businessmann:D

Thanks for the info about cliff´s Mix!

The TV Mix from Cliff sounds a little bit "clinical" to me by playing solostuff.

First Clip Sounds more EVH ?- interesting - wasn´t my Intention!

Obviously I'm biased but I was trying to give you my honest opinion. :) I do know a guy who owns a pre-rola cab. I'm tempted to shoot that one too but there are different sounds I need to pursue first.

About my IRs. I rely 100% on how the cabs sound for real. I don't do any magic tricks and try them make sound like a certain "CK sound". I'm confident I have all the best sweetspots shot. So to me if people don't like a certain Cab Pack I've made I can't really get offended since I know I did my best to capture the best natural and authentic sound of that cabinet. People may simply not like the cab. Luckily people rarely say bad things about my IRs. :)

In all honestly I prefer The CK TV Mix 1. It's sounds fuller and just sounds like it sits better in the mix. I'm listening to it via crappy skull candy headphones so take it with a grain of salt haha

Clark's TV mix doesn't sound better or worse to me, but has a little more clarity and would cut in a dense mix a little better.

The pre-Rola mix sounds fantastic though too.

I think two equally great sounding options to choose from, one or the other being "better" depending on guitar, other instruments in the mix etc.

We really have an embarrassment of riches these days with how many amazing IR's we have to choose from

We really have an embarrassment of riches these days with how many amazing IR's we have to choose from

Thanks everybody for feedback!

Yes -absolut. It´s getting more and more difficult to choose the right one!

It will be interesting, where the Sound/Cab-Road will lead us.........

Obviously I'm biased but I was trying to give you my honest opinion. :) I do know a guy who owns a pre-rola cab. I'm tempted to shoot that one too but there are different sounds I need to pursue first.

About my IRs. I rely 100% on how the cabs sound for real. I don't do any magic tricks and try them make sound like a certain "CK sound". I'm confident I have all the best sweetspots shot. So to me if people don't like a certain Cab Pack I've made I can't really get offended since I know I did my best to capture the best natural and authentic sound of that cabinet. People may simply not like the cab. Luckily people rarely say bad things about my IRs. :)

Nobody would say, you´ve done a bad job for this Cab pack!

Most of the guitar Player - the modern Players - prefer V30.

But you are not to blame for it, that they don´t like this TV-Cab!

Thanks for Feedback!

I would say it is becoming hard to pick a bad ir. I am not a slappy.... but I am having a complete blast playing the latest 18b firmware and these great cabs. You would really have to work to make something sound unpleasant at this stage. I am very close to having several flavors/presets that have no weak spots in them that I can find. Loving the low end which for me was always a scab that I would pick at. It is fun to have people over and watch their faces when I start playing. Makes me seem like a better guitar player than I am :D.... My old drummer came by & I loaded up an Eruption patch that I got off the forum.. No changes at all... he said " Come on...How are you doing that?"

My current moto: " Tweak less, Bitch less, Play more"

Thanks everybody for feedback!

Yes -absolut. It´s getting more and more difficult to choose the right one!

It will be interesting, where the Sound/Cab-Road will lead us.........

Back
Top Bottom