F*&@#$^% Microsoft

Just to pile on, last year I moved all my computing from the Microsoft platform (after many decades, including software dev) to Apple. It has been delightful, and I admit to some schadenfreude when reading about the latest bungled forced updates, new surveilance 'options' added, on and on... (But truly sorry you have to go through this muck!)

I stopped using Outlook years ago, except to keep addresses in. Works fine for that. I don't need business mail anymore, so the Win 10 mail app works ok, kind of. Sometimes it will not print an email. Guess it has opinions of it's own.
I vowed I would stay on win 8.1x64 but succumbed to the win 10 hype. I still have Win 8.1x64 on my Asus laptop. Runs great and has a better email app.

Also, I suspect, like many here and elsewhere that use windows, I m too invested with software(big $$$$$) so I cannot go anywhere right now.
As far as my DAW goes, it does work fine. FM3 edit also works fine here. Sometimes I have had to remove\re install it and drivers after a windows update. Win issue, not a fractal issue.

I stopped using Outlook years ago, except to keep addresses in. Works fine for that. I don't need business mail anymore, so the Win 10 mail app works ok, kind of. Sometimes it will not print an email. Guess it has opinions of it's own.
I vowed I would stay on win 8.1x64 but succumbed to the win 10 hype. I still have Win 8.1x64 on my Asus laptop. Runs great and has a better email app.
Well, if Apple moves to an all-iOS product line, I guess I will land back on Linux again. I can't stand MS anything.

Does AxeEdit work on Linux?

It's been wreaking havoc with me at work. I can open it just fine, but then it doesn't do anything. I can click within an e-mail, but trying to start a new e-mail or reply to one and I have to close it and open again. Figures, the rare time I'm pulling double duty having my boss on vacation and taking on the extra e-mails and this happens.

Plus side, it's happening to a lot of people so it gave me some leeway to say "Sorry guys, can't do shit right now."

It's working for me now so a new update must've been pushed out. However... now the search bug is back. I forget what I did last time to fix it. Arrrggghhhhh!!!

I was a developer for MS in the 90s. If you have any problems with NT 3.51, I’m your man! :)
I worked for the company that made the first disk defragmenter for NT back then. We were NT source code licensees, and in order to defrag safely we had to build our own version of the NT kernel. In the early days (before MS incorporated our hooks into the kernel), we would replace the NT kernel with our own when our product was installed.

I carried the nighttime tech support pager, and I got some interesting early morning tech support calls when system admins would install an NT Service Pack (overwriting our kernel) and then try to run a defrag on their corporate servers. I walked so many people through reinstalling NT Server over the phone that I knew all the screens displayed without even being in front of a computer.

I can't believe people still by Microsoft products. They spy on you (when they work) and Windows is invasive and terrible to use.

In the early 2000s I was an Apple fanboy, but then realized Linux is better than both. Apple is quickly becoming the next Microsoft, a giant who has to cater to the dumbest users and therefore locks everything down. Linux doesn't get in your face, generally trusts the user, is free, respects privacy, and runs on anything. So many useful things coded for free by generous geeks. True, some things don't work as well out of the box, and you have to hunt down solutions sometimes, but I consider that fun.

Wait until I tell you about this Google company...

Like many other people, I'm moving away from using them when I can. I don't like big companies in general, they are no exception. It's hard to avoid them completely, but I block all their advertising and tracking scripts, use DuckDuckGo for searches. There's a few good video platforms based on crypto tech that don't censor nearly as much. I have my main phone through G and it's hard to beat that, it's free, but I do not use their email.

Well, if Apple moves to an all-iOS product line, I guess I will land back on Linux again. I can't stand MS anything.

Does AxeEdit work on Linux?
Wish I had a choice but I don't. Besides the zillion Music apps I have I also have Drawing\graphics and photo apps, the expensive kind. I am locked in. But, iah, my issues are minimal except for the win 10 updates do sometimes break some of my music apps and I have to re install. wasted time.....

Like many other people, I'm moving away from using them when I can. I don't like big companies in general, they are no exception. It's hard to avoid them completely, but I block all their advertising and tracking scripts, use DuckDuckGo for searches. There's a few good video platforms based on crypto tech that don't censor nearly as much. I have my main phone through G and it's hard to beat that, it's free, but I do not use their email.
I love your avatar. Got me thinking now! :)

Back
Top Bottom