F*&@#$^% Microsoft

Have you found a temporary workaround yet? I don’t use Outlook, but this is what I found from a cursory search: www DOT bleepingcomputer DOT com/news/microsoft/microsoft-outlook-is-crashing-worldwide-with-0xc0000005-errors-how-to-fix/

EDIT: Sorry for the weird link. I don’t have enough posts yet to be able to post links.

Basically, it seems like some first options to try would be:
  1. Try using the Outlook web client in a web browser
  2. Try starting Outlook in Safe Mode
  3. Try rolling back the recent Outlook update

I started it in safe mode and then closed it. Then started in normal mode and now it's asking me to activate. F*&^%& bunch of sloppy a**hole programmers. I have the activation key... in my EMAIL BUT I CAN'T SEARCH MY EMAIL BECAUSE IT'S NOT ACTIVATED.

So I think your best bet for now is to roll Outlook back to the previous release following the steps in the page I linked to above. Excerpt from that page:

To roll back to the June 24, 2020, release and fix the Microsoft Outlook crashes, please follow these steps:

1. Open a command prompt by clicking on the Start Menu and typing CMD. When the 'Command Prompt' result appears, click on it.
  2. In the command prompt type cd "\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun" and press enter.
  3. You will now be in the ClickToRun folder. Type officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12827.20470 and press enter.
1594839116696.jpeg
Some Outlook users are reporting that the above steps do not work for them, but were able to use the officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12527.20880 command instead to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
M$ updates are so often one dumpster fire after another. With the kinds of resources a company of that size has, they seriously need to get their testing/QA out of the toilet. Sure some bugs slip through once in a while, but with them it's all the freaking time. I'm still on 1909 at home. Not brave enough to try 2004 yet for Windows 10. At work, our images are still 1803 because of the all the problems the more recent versions have caused.

My start menu died a couple weeks ago, just... doesn't work. Click, click, nothing. Cortana type field still works though ffs, so I just use that as my start menu. Tried a buncha stuff, and the only way to "fix" seems to be to create a new account and move everything over, bleh.

This is all on that clown Satya Nadella and all his rampant outsourcing. Nothing works right. Programs that used to work are crippled to try to force you to buy an "improved" version from the app store which still doesn't work as well as the original version that shipped with Windows XP/7. F*&^ him right in the eye.

Yup. MS apparently never heard of testing. Revert to previous build seems to work.

1. Open Windows Search.
  2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ and run it with administrator privilege.
  3. In the command line, simply type cd “\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun”
  4. Press enter and Command Prompt will open “ClickToRun” folder of Office.
  5. Type officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12827.20470 and press enter.
  6. Close Command Prompt.

The above command will roll back recent Outlook update and revert back your Outlook for Windows to version 16.0.12827.20470.

https://twitter.com/MSFT365Status

Back
Top Bottom