F*&@#$^% Microsoft

Ahhhh Netscape Navigator 1.0....after using command line tools on the Internet for several years seeing a graphical UI/browser was a huge game changer for me too. I was blown away when I first tried Netscape and remember thinking how this was the very beginning of something that was going to change the world, literally. Those days were so exciting to have been a part of...hard to imagine that was over 25 years ago now ⏲️
Yeah it was about 25 years ago when my family got the internet for the first time...via a device called WebTV, no less. It was a crude, clunky way of accessing the web but the web itself was equally crude, clunky and primitive at the time. Hell, the box only had 2 MB of RAM IIRC but I was a kid so I didn't care.

Ahhhh Netscape Navigator 1.0....after using command line tools on the Internet for several years seeing a graphical UI/browser was a huge game changer for me too. I was blown away when I first tried Netscape and remember thinking how this was the very beginning of something that was going to change the world, literally. Those days were so exciting to have been a part of...hard to imagine that was over 25 years ago now ⏲️
I remember using the Linux versions back in 2000 /2001, by the it was super buggy and here in Europe it was not available with the high encryption due to export regulations. Good times, when men where men and used to compile their own Kernels :)

I was running Win10 off an external drive on my 5k iMac before I built my PC. It's okay. The ATI video card in the iMac is kind of meh by modern standards though.
Well yeah, macs are not gaming machines with cutting edge GPUs, never have been, that's nothing to do with the OS. But if all you need is to have a Windows machine bootcamp works fine. The intel CPUs are off the shelf.

Good times, when men where men and used to compile their own Kernels

Indeed! Those were fun days....

I first started playing with Linux in the early 90's and you had to compile a monolithic kernel (the kernel wasn't modular then) that was specific for your hardware which sometimes took a few iterations to get completely right heh. There were lots of kernel options and setting up the compile options was a crude, text based, time consuming way of doing things but it was so much fun getting OCD tuning the 'perfect' lean kernel.

I can remember getting my Soundblaster card and the CD-ROM drive finally connected and working with a compiled kernel and though I was "The Master of the Universe" lol...sweet, sweet victory was mine...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom