F*** me, another guitar amp plugin... this time from Two Notes... GENOME!

yeah nothings special
Same experience - I'm using it as "pre" and "post" processing instead of Amp/Cab emulation as "all in one" solution to have pedals, delays, etc.. I didn't like AI captures in Genome, so I use it with AmperiumNNM, which I liked more than NAM. Much more, in fact. CabLab is Cab sim - can't get any better than that in the plugin world IMO.
Genome is also very heavy on the CPU with AMP emulation, I get cracking pretty much all the time unless I use high buffer values, which completely destroy the "feel" component, which is much better with Amperium plugin, especially with 24 samples buffer.
Can't wait for the new FM3 to arrive
Glasses Dao GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Ok I’ve tried it … hm
What can I say…. Looks friendly yes, not expensive … even more free . The Marshall isn’t bad boosted etc … but yeah nothings special.

After it I have tried back the free tonex version, I prefer tonex tone better than genome . Then I have tried back hélix native, I prefer it for metal tones. Then I have tried the axe 3 and it is still better. Because of the details in the tone. I understand that some people doesn’t care about details, specially because plugins are cheap, but plugins are not for me yet.
The latency is what turns me off, thats a big component of "feel" from what I gather...

Same experience - I'm using it as "pre" and "post" processing instead of Amp/Cab emulation as "all in one" solution to have pedals, delays, etc.. I didn't like AI captures in Genome, so I use it with AmperiumNNM, which I liked more than NAM. Much more, in fact. CabLab is Cab sim - can't get any better than that in the plugin world IMO.
Genome is also very heavy on the CPU with AMP emulation, I get cracking pretty much all the time unless I use high buffer values, which completely destroy the "feel" component, which is much better with Amperium plugin, especially with 24 samples buffer.
Can't wait for the new FM3 to arrive
Glasses Dao GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨
I always disable the EQ controls, it always sounds janky with captures.

I always disable the EQ controls, it always sounds janky with captures.
Same! NAM is so much better with EQ switched off completely. Amperium is even better than this, it doesn't have EQ at all :D
I also tried Tonex profiles converted to Amperium, didn't like them. Maybe something was lost in translation!

yes and no control with your feet … I mean if you just want to play a song and going to clean to dist etc … that’s just for recording so …

After watching Leon Todd's video and having some personal impressions, I immediately installed the free trial version.I wanted to share a few things I felt about this plugin.

1. I think the dynamics are better than I thought. This brings a lot of fun to playing the guitar.

Maybe we can say this is “real”?
🫡

2. I liked that the CODEX-NAM amplifier section included an “Enhancer” parameter.

Not only in the Fractal forum, but also in the music/hardware community in Korea (Korea),
Every day we see several topics and questions related to AITR ("Amp in the Room") solutions for modelers/plugins.

What made me feel like I should try out the genome while watching Leon Todd's video was that he was able to create a fairly believable speaker thump sound using a few parameters in the enhancer section.

Another one is DynIR.

I really liked the ability to easily switch between front/rear cab micing with a click of the mouse.

I'm attaching two sound samples here using the Genome free trial.

1.Codex (NAM) - Fender bassman(B-man) + Clonotour

2.Codex (NAM) - Marshall JCM800(brit800) + RAT(Vermin)

I'm thinking of buying this $80 plug-in, deleting all the neural DSP, guitar rig, bias fxs/amps, revalver, TH-U, etc. scattered all over my SSD for quick idea recording or easy setup for guitar lessons.

(Of course, I have my FM9 MKII TURBO which will be delivered on 3/15. ;) :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: )

I'd like to ask what you think about Genome's NAM amplifiers. (I was also surprised for the second time by this plug-in, which forced me to make quite a few compromises on my relatively high-performance computer(R3700x , 16gb ram , 64 buffer) ...the first was BIAS AMP/FX2)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom