F*** me, another guitar amp plugin... this time from Two Notes... GENOME!

Personally, I haven't used any Two Notes products for at least 4 years. I still have a lot of DynaIRs but I still prefer the static IRs and the Mikko plugin. Is there any exotic amp that no one has modeled before?

Personally, I haven't used any Two Notes products for at least 4 years. I still have a lot of DynaIRs but I still prefer the static IRs and the Mikko plugin. Is there any exotic amp that no one has modeled before?
It supports captures, so you can finally model your favorite Crate amp from the 90s.

I'm not a fan of captures, I prefer proper models.
They have something called TSM (Tube Stage Modeling, who knows...), from what I can tell there's a Mesa Recto, Mesa Mark V, Fender Tweed, Fender Silverface, Fender Blackface, Peavey 5150, Vox AC-30, Marshall JCM 800, Soldano SLO, and what may be a Friedman.

Link: https://www.two-notes.com/en/whats-included-with-genome/#tsm

The Studio EQ and Studio Compressor are pretty slick, particularly the compressor.

Importing Nam stuff is gnarly. Imagine if the Axe could do that.
I'm sure it can technically (being open source and all), but I think it may be limited by amount of available NVRAM. But I agree, the UI for NAM sucks balls, this is much nicer.

Michael gets some nice tones

I'm downloading it to try as I'm after something to load into my Mac so I can practice outside of my music room. I've obviously got my Fractal stuff but just want something have decent I can use when I'm bored with being in my music room.

https://www.two-notes.com/en/genome/

Supports amp captures (NAM compatible), DynIR, and other goodies.

I thought I'd sit this one out, but its only $80 (or $70 if you also buy a DynIR which is $10 but gives your 20% off).

So far sounds pretty good, UI is slick, especially for DynIR tweaking (Wall of Sound inspired obviously).
This one is solid. Last year I was part of the BETA testing and it evolved great, lots of user input was taken into consideration and implemented.

I received this for free today, probably because I am a Torpedo hardware owner. Sounds pretty killer, the integration of NAM profiles is a great bonus.
H thanks I have a torpedo I don’t use anymore and deleted the email lol.

Gonna try this!

Two notes is a great company. And having a great plug-in to finally test nam is grea too.

H thanks I have a torpedo I don’t use anymore and deleted the email lol.

Gonna try this!

Two notes is a great company. And having a great plug-in to finally test nam is grea too.
I played with it for a couple of hours. The tones are meh, the only amp I really liked was the 5150, Mendel made a pretty killer lead preset using that. The compressor and graphic EQ are great (everything looks like FabFilter lately), the DynIR is also great. The NAM integration is interesting, they choose some decent ones for the defaults, but I have some better sounding ones. The pedals are decent, the doubler works pretty well, overall the effects and layouts are workable. After all is said and done, it’s a neat suite with a nice interface, but Fractal has nothing to worry about. Level of editing for amps/effects is minimal and they haven’t quite nailed the feel like our Fractal units.

Oh, forgot to mention, the plugin is CPU hungry, some of the more elaborate patches got to the point of being glitchy (older 2017 iMac Pro).

The MESA boogie inspiration amp sounds great. During the BETA there was only 1 amp available, so we didn't get to play with this one until yesterday.

I'm still annoyed that there is no SAVE AS or SAVE NEW option to choose where to save all your preset. After working on your presets if you did not start on an empty location and started out of factory preset if you save it you loose that factory preset. The way around this is to, be fore hitting save, go to an empty location and left click "save current rig here" or something like that.

the plugin modeling space is getting saturated... I just use a bogren 1-knob to get ideas down.
Having a fractal product makes me feel spoiled... for me at least, there is no reason to use plugins over my FM3

Ok I’ve tried it … hm
What can I say…. Looks friendly yes, not expensive … even more free . The Marshall isn’t bad boosted etc … but yeah nothings special.

After it I have tried back the free tonex version, I prefer tonex tone better than genome . Then I have tried back hélix native, I prefer it for metal tones. Then I have tried the axe 3 and it is still better. Because of the details in the tone. I understand that some people doesn’t care about details, specially because plugins are cheap, but plugins are not for me yet.

Back
Top Bottom