EZ Drummer 3

Very interesting, honestly the only of the new features I've been missing with the EZ Drummer 2 is the onboard grid editor.

I have quite a few of the EZD2 libraries, I wonder if you can use them with the EZD3.

Interesting even if I use the big brother (but EZD can be good to sketch an idea).
Usually the libraries are compatible with the new player.

I'm interested in the "Follow bandmate" option. It already exist in EzBass (that I have) but not in EzDrum.
It is super useful and it speed up the whole process of creating the rhythmic section.

Interesting... But I'm still using ProTools 11 and I don't want to fork over more money to update that, too :(

I've been using and liking EZ Drummer lately, so decided to go for 3 at the pre-release upgrade price, $79 US. Now, I'm waiting for May 3rd.

Last edited:
im excited for this but also a little disappointed. Maybe I’m the only one, but I swear nothing compares to Logic’s Drummer for sketching a whole song, fills and all, in 2 seconds flat, using the X/Y pad. its the only thing that makes me want to switch from studio one.

im excited for this but also a little disappointed. Maybe I’m the only one, but I swear nothing compares to Logic’s Drummer for sketching a whole song, fills and all, in 2 seconds flat, using the X/Y pad. its the only thing that makes me want to switch from studio one.
Actually I agree. Logic has a great tool for drum tracks. It is super easy and if you want just plug and play it has all you need, I use it a lot, my own Logic template has a drum track and a audio in for guitar. But:
  • to make a whole song, with all of the variations and customization
  • to make the drum track that exactly follows the other rhythmic tracks (and follow bandmate is amazing, I already have it on EZBass)
...you need something extra.

And with EZ you get the MIDI track that you can use with Logic drum as well. ;)

Actually I agree. Logic has a great tool for drum tracks. It is super easy and if you want just plug and play it has all you need, I use it a lot, my own Logic template has a drum track and a audio in for guitar. But:
  • to make a whole song, with all of the variations and customization
  • to make the drum track that exactly follows the other rhythmic tracks (and follow bandmate is amazing, I already have it on EZBass)
...you need something extra.

And with EZ you get the MIDI track that you can use with Logic drum as well. ;)

Fair enough. I’ll have to look into the follow bandmate function and see how it works. Thanks for the suggestion!

Interesting... But I'm still using ProTools 11 and I don't want to fork over more money to update that, too :(
I use SD3 with Pro Tools 11 so I'd be surprised if EZ3 didn't work, assuming it supports AAX64bit.
It may not be 'recommended' but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't work.
Of course I stand to be corrected.

Ok, yesterday I downloaded the 3 and it is a huge upgrade over the 2.

The overall tones are just better and I love, as expected, the Bandmate feature. It makes super easy and fast to sketch ideas...no need to have infinite libraries of midi files, the software matches the right ones. From that point you can add/remove/modulate everything for further personalization.

Back
Top Bottom