EZ Drummer 3

Anyone else jump into the EZ3 domain? I am loving this upgrade. I would have paid
5 times as much for it. :)
I’ve got EZDrummer now, too - and liking it. I see they’ve release the first expansion pack for 3 “Big Stage” - haven’t sprung for that, yet.

Cool! The seamless integration it allows now with an E-kit saved me so much time. :)

I'll probably hold off on any EXP Packs until their annual sales around Black Friday.
Have enough to keep me busy and entertained for now.

Cool! The seamless integration it allows now with an E-kit saved me so much time. :)

I'll probably hold off on any EXP Packs until their annual sales around Black Friday.
Have enough to keep me busy and entertained for now.
Same here - I need to get more use out of the expansions I already have.

Plus, there may be other EXPs for 3 released between now and the end of November - might be some bundle deals.

Until the last couple of months, I'd been using BFD3. But, I've really liked the sound and workflow of EZD, so haven't touched BFD3 for awhile.

I have a lot of $ in BFD midi packs, so would like to figure out how to use them with EZD. If anyone has any tips, please share. I'm a Windows user.

Ideally, I'd want the BFD converted so I can add it to the groove library in EZD - taking full advantage of the workflow in EZD3.

Last edited:
Until the last couple of months, I'd been using BFD3. But, I've really liked the sound and workflow of EZD, so haven't touched BFD3 for awhile.

I have a lot of $ in BFD midi packs, so would like to figure out how to use them with EZD. If anyone has any tips, please share. I'm a Windows user.

Ideally, I'd want the BFD converted so I can add it to the groove library in EZD - taking full advantage of the workflow in EZD3.

@AndyTNBD ??

What expansion packs for ez drummer do u recommend?
It depends on the genre. I'm a rock and metal drummer. Classic in the form of Metal Machine EZX is a must. Drums of Destruction EZX, Progressive EZX, and somewhat surprisingly Gospel EZX are also great extensions.

I'm looking for backing tracks that I can practice leads and improvisation over. Is EZ Drummer overkill for that? Any other vendor suggestions? Thanks.

I'm looking for backing tracks that I can practice leads and improvisation over. Is EZ Drummer overkill for that? Any other vendor suggestions? Thanks.
I think EZdrummer would be more than you'd need to spend for backing tracks.

Also, EZdrummer wouldn't really be backing tracks, but drums only.

I've used EZdrummer along with EZbass and EZkeys to create my own backing tracks and that works well for me. But, I bought those to help put together quick demos of songs I write. Otherwise, I wouldn't justify the expense. Creating backing tracks is just a bonus.

I've purchased backing tracks for practicing on Amazon; came with a CD and book to show the chord changes, suggested scales, etc.

I've also found plenty of free backing tracks on the web for download - audio and MIDI.

Back
Top Bottom