EZ Drummer 2 upgrade?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Guys - does anyone know if there is a reduced price option to get EZ Drummer 2 if you already own EZ Drummer?

I see an "upgrade" version for $99 on their site but no detail on what it is and upgrade for :(

I emailed their support several days ago but got no reply yet...

Thanks!

Kevin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I found my own answer at the bottom of one of the product pages:

If you own the previous version of EZdrummer, you are eligible for an EZdrummer 2 Upgrade. This is not simply an upgrade or a digit added to the logo – it’s a completely new program introducing all-new sounds and a host of groundbreaking features.

It's well worth it IMO, version two has a really handy tap-to-find feature as well as less limitations with mixing compared to the first version.

Yeah... I've watched most of the vids on their site. Very impressive and seems to address the issues I had with using EZD.

I'm not really familiar with SD... Check the vids on EZD2 - workflow is pretty cool :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any reason for us Superior Drummer users to be looking at this?

Tap to find is amazing for non-drummers...otherwise, I don't think it's worth it if you have SD. SD is superior ('scuse the pun) in mixing and individual instrument control.

Any reason for us Superior Drummer users to be looking at this?

I have both. One is quick n dirty premixed (EZ drummer), the other raw drums, lots of options (superior drummer). The new search utility for grooves is worth it for me. Also the dedicated percussion sound and grooves are different than Superior Drummer.

Let me add to Java's post above that the new EZD2 features allow you to easily custom-make the drum midi files which can then be exported into SD, BFD, Slate, etc. Being able to take existing midi files and easily change their structure is, to me, the groundbreaking development with EZD2.

I have both. One is quick n dirty premixed (EZ drummer), the other raw drums, lots of options (superior drummer). The new search utility for grooves is worth it for me. Also the dedicated percussion sound and grooves are different than Superior Drummer.

Also have both, EZD2 for the work flow SD for the finer details...

Also have both, EZD2 for the work flow SD for the finer details...
I think that was kind of their goal with the update because it doesn't force you to own both, but it makes them different enough that if you do own SD that EZD has plenty to offer.

The one advantage of doing the upgrade vs. just buying EZD2 outright (if you don't own the original) is that you get the packs that come with EZD1 so you are looking at like 4 packs. If you just buy EZD2 from the get go you get the two that come with it. I actually bought EZD1 when EZD2 was announced and had a free upgrade. I also bought through e-Bay at a discounted price and it was an electronic download straight from ToonTrack.

I think that was kind of their goal with the update because it doesn't force you to own both, but it makes them different enough that if you do own SD that EZD has plenty to offer.

The one advantage of doing the upgrade vs. just buying EZD2 outright (if you don't own the original) is that you get the packs that come with EZD1 so you are looking at like 4 packs. If you just buy EZD2 from the get go you get the two that come with it. I actually bought EZD1 when EZD2 was announced and had a free upgrade. I also bought through e-Bay at a discounted price and it was an electronic download straight from ToonTrack.

Can you recommend the seller? I found the upgrade for $89, but at only a $10 savings I didn't feel like waiting for shipping :)

Back
Top Bottom