Extra footswitches?

grammar

Hi guys, I'm looking for an inexpensive way of adding a few extra footswitches to my AX8.

I could really do with between 2-4.

What are you guys using?

1. Im using a boss fs6.
  2. You will need to use the two of the four AX8 pedal ports. Use 2 standard TS patch cables for connection.
  3. Do remember to set both sides of the FS-6 to momentary/unlatch. (Thks to philipacamaniac for the infos)

T1M are great AUX footswitches for the money! I'm using the R2E2 and it works like a charm.
  1. Im using a boss fs6.
  2. You will need to use the two of the four AX8 pedal ports. Use 2 standard TS patch cables for connection.
  3. Do remember to set both sides of the FS-6 to momentary/unlatch. (Thks to philipacamaniac for the infos)

Thanks guys these look perfect!

Sixstring, how are you getting on without LEDs? What are you using them for?

Thanks guys these look perfect!

Sixstring, how are you getting on without LEDs? What are you using them for?

1. You won't have LEDs with the Boss FS6 either. Since you have to set the switch mode to momentary, they only light up momentarily when you step on them.

2. In the pedal setup screen on the AX8, you MAY have to select 'latching' for the type depending on what you want it to do. It's not intuitive, but if you don't, you'll have to press each pedal twice to get the desired action. I ran into this recently and found the answer here -> https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/latching-momentary-switching.124021/#post-1475636

RR

Last edited:
Just saw your rig on the other thread, how are you getting on with the GLX wireless? I'm going to add one

No regrets at all! the tuner it a nice add even though you don't need it. The overall construction is rock solid as well as the signal connection. I haven't had any issues with dropouts or tone changes, I highly recommend it!

As for getting along without LEDs I don't really have a problem with it. I use one switch setup in latching for boosts and the other in momentary for holds.

I am actually very happy with the slim form factor of the AX8 as-is. The genius way to assign the footswitch function through the editor really works for me and reduced the need to add additional switches. In this way i am able to assign scenes, a solo boost and the four most important effects to be switched.

1. You won't have LEDs with the Boss FS6 either. Since you have to set the switch mode to momentary, they only light up momentarily when you step on them.

2. In the pedal setup screen on the AX8, you MAY have to select 'latching' for the type depending on what you want it to do. It's not intuitive, but if you don't, you'll have to press each pedal twice to get the desired action. I ran into this recently and found the answer here -> https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/latching-momentary-switching.124021/#post-1475636

RR

Ok so LEDs will not be a thing with AUX switches then, good to know.

Am I right in assuming a momentary switches are a better buy since you can set them both ways in the Ax8?

I'm looking at either the Boss FS5u, FS7 or -

https://www.vein-tap.com/product/skinny-little-twins-dual-footswitch/

Those are dual switches so you'd need a TRS from the pedal then split out to two TS plugs to plug into two of the external switch jacks on the AX8. The AX8 doesn't support two switches connected to one jack.

The major question would be whether or not the AX8 supports two external switches sharing the same sleeve conductor which I do not know the answer to. I'd guess most likely it'll work but that's a guess.

You'd need a cable like this:
Amazon product ASIN B000068O1N

Back
Top Bottom